marcello carlin best of 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woebot

had a peek round marcellos way the other day (he slung dissensus a friendly link and is obv lurking here, hi mc mc, easy with the temper ;) ) his yearly breakouts are kind of fearsome, just don't know how he finds the time to actually LISTEN to all the music he does. me i'm the worst skimmer in the world, if it doesn't grab me by the scruff i'm like "next". also means i'm in the ridiculous position that i am at the moment where i have more music than i'll ever reasonably have time to properly inspect.

have a look at jess's yearly break-out while we're on the subject:

http://shutyrgob.blogspot.com/2004_12_01_shutyrgob_archive.html#110328170594499211

it's ENORMOUS but very excellent indeed and very readable. for me at least, no-one does this kind of thing better. i ought to have teh discipline to pull a yearly chart together like this, but usually my attention is wandering (synchronically speaking) all over the shop.

stevienixed

i suffer rock
if i remember correctly jess *recycled* reviews he wrote over the year. as did marcello.

it's a useful list when i'll go shopping for records in london on wednesday. :)

Woebot

stevienixed said:
if i remember correctly jess *recycled* reviews he wrote over the year. as did marcello.
(folds arms) well what a couple of lazy bastards they are!

stevienixed

i suffer rock
oh for heavens sake, i did not want to imply that. what i meant was that it looks less daunting.

i liked jess' take on DFA: functional dance music. i never picture their sound on the dance floor.

Woebot

politix.

stevienixed said:
oh for heavens sake, i did not want to imply that. what i meant was that it looks less daunting.
nathalie. honey. can i call you that? i understood. just trying to share a joke with u.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.