BASH, 25th May, London

john eden

male pale and stale
you know you love it... :D reach early if you want to catch me doing my stuff... :cool: :cool: :cool:

BASH

Thursday 25th May(And the last Thursday of every month)

The Bug(Ninja/Rephlex) meets the dub poets (Roger Robinson, Space Ape,
Malika, Crisis)
Part 2(New Flesh)
Loefah(DMZ/Ital)
John Eden(Uncarved Blog)

Having mashed up Shoreditch last month with Nicolette, Ari Up, DJ Flight and Mary Anne Hobbs, BASH returns with another mouthwatering line up The Bug throws down the gauntlet to London's finest Dub Poets for some serious word sound power.

Altered Vibes recording artist Roger Robinson, Kode 9 collaborator Space Ape and 'Poetry Kitchen' head honcho Malika will be steppin up to the mic with words of rootical wisdom(With additional surprise guests in the house).

Meanwhile Big Dada label artist/Roots Manuva Remixer and pioneer of "disposable graffiti" Part 2, takes time out to promote his forthcoming New Flesh album 'Universally Dirty', by throwing down some bass heavy waist grinders.

And fresh from another roadblock DMZ, Loefah will be spinning a bass heavy selection of ragga and dancehall.

And last but by no means least, John Eden will be warming up BASH with tunes he has championed on his tremendous uncarved.org.blog site

Thursday 25th May(And the last Thursday of every month)

peripheral

autonomicforthepeople said:
how was it?

superb, I thought. space ape in particular has just developed so much as a live mc (and in such a short space of time) that it's shocking. and the bug was great. again.

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
^^^ wot he said

Eden rocked it!!!! Big tunes, warmed the place up nicely.

Boomnoise representing despite cold, which healed due to the bassweight.

Loooooovely.

boomnoise

♫
it was special yet again. i have to give praise to the spaceape once more; utterly engaging.

loefah's selection was connsumate, dropping almost all of my favourite recent riddims. it is shocking how good he is a djing this music as well.

remarkably after bash i felt a whole lot better besides feeling very sick before walking down to plasticpeople and after dubpressure down in brighton last night i'm feeling fresh.

bass should be available on the national health innit :D

mms

sometimes
lovely - i was just too energyless, flu has taken over my house and the effects kept me up all night
talking of bass,
shaka tonight at coronet, lots though - £20.