good music torrent sites for old skool jungle?

bassnation

the abyss
now that p2p networks like soulseek are bereft of this kind of music, does anyone know any good torrent sites where you can register without having to jump through hoops to get these tunes?

i've got a huge amount of tracks to trade, just having difficulty finding people to trade with!

thanks

marc

bassnation said:
now that p2p networks like soulseek are bereft of this kind of music, does anyone know any good torrent sites where you can register without having to jump through hoops to get these tunes?

i've got a huge amount of tracks to trade, just having difficulty finding people to trade with!

thanks

marc

What's happened on soulseek? The stuff has never been there or has is just recently become bereft?

Last edited:

bassnation

the abyss
HMGovt said:
What's happened on soulseek? The stuff has never been there or has is just recently become bereft?

i'm not sure really - there were always a lot of old skool fans on soulseek. but their group was very cliquey and not everyone shared as a matter of course. recently though, if you do a search on "reinforced" for example, you'll probably get a couple of tracks from an enforcers lp. certainly nothing interesting. i note my share gets hammered so maybe i am one of the few people still sharing this kind of stuff.

i also think some of the court cases have scared people away in general. my (more hacking inclined) mates tell me that private torrent websites are now the way to go. even irc has been infiltrated with feds / recording industry police these days, apparently.

borderpolice

HMGovt said:
What's happened on soulseek?

What's happened TO soulseek? i've been unable to lig in for a few days. i NEED this garage track that's being caned on the pirates "the cure and the cause", i think it's called.

O

Omaar

borderpolice said:
What's happened TO soulseek? i've been unable to lig in for a few days. i NEED this garage track that's being caned on the pirates "the cure and the cause", i think it's called.

It's working alright for me - I'm running verison 156c. Just had a quick search for that - no luck anyway.

boomnoise

♫
borderpolice said:

The cure and the cause - dennis ferrer remix (defected records)

if that helps.

O

Omaar

Omaar said:
It's working alright for me - I'm running verison 156c. Just had a quick search for that - no luck anyway.

Actually it is there - 'fish go deep'??

styledubk

Golden Era

Sweet! I have loads of stuff to go through. I recently started using SoulSeek and it's VERY SLOW.

I'm wondering if LimeWire has better results. I was searching for some Jonny L tunes and the only tune they came up with was "Hurt You So". I've also been having some time trying to download a couple of Source Direct tracks too.

Asger

Matki wandalki
styledubk said:
Sweet! I have loads of stuff to go through. I recently started using SoulSeek and it's VERY SLOW.

gek-opel said:
SLSK always seems deathly slow for me- even once you've waited 6 hours to finish queuing it seems to take a bloody age- however most stuff is on there if you are willing to search day in day out...

you prolly just need to forward ports on your router.. This goes for torrents aswell!!

Last edited:

gek-opel

entered apprentice
SLSK always seems deathly slow for me- even once you've waited 6 hours to finish queuing it seems to take a bloody age- however most stuff is on there if you are willing to search day in day out...

Limewire is fast, but has a shit search engine and the users have less good music. As a general rule if its in the charts, use Limewire, if not SLSK. I am a technical ignoramus and have never been able to get torrents to work (tho allegedly Emule is good). On ILM people are always banging on about Oink, but I know that's invite only...

dopeydude

thanks

marc

Could try http://www.bloodclat.net Its a torrent site dedicated to jungle and oldskool.