Grime, Dubstep, Sublow & 4X4 mixes

clappa

Aka Skrewface
Greetings everyone residing the forum here on Dissensus.

I wish to know where I can download mixes with contemporary UK grime artists, dubstep mixed with Grime, Sublow and such.
I have searched on the forum with its search function but there's something tricky with yousendit links. They hexpire after a very short time.

So please, don't be shy to drop links.

Kind regards

Me

Sublow just means Jon E Cash & his mates right? If so then I think it is a better genre than dubstep or grime! The half-speed killed it for me.
LD Cats still put out some up beat tunes thank goodness.

Ned

Ruby Tuesday
3underscore said:
Not really all that baffling - some people just don't have the time to spend playing with mp3 tags.

But the tags on last.fm have nothing to do with the ID3 tags on the MP3, people have to add them specially.

3underscore

So folk are going out of their way to tag things that way? Most strange. I haven't actually worked out last fm (not that I have tried that much, to be honest!)

Brokeman

Living Too Late
to answer the original question, check out www.barefiles.com. they seem to have one of the best collections of grime and dubstep mixes.

sublow really was a great name, but eski was always my favourite. one day i'll make a list of all the genre names that people proposed before a single term was settled on. remember a guy called gerald calling jungle "strictly rhythm" before it had a name?

philblackpool

gamelanstep
I've been listening back to a bunch of my old grime/dubstep/bassline/funky CDs recently & wanted to flag up a couple I've radically changed my opinion on, Slimzee's one on Bingo Beats & the N-Type Dubstep Allstars one. Both I was quite disappointed with after buying full price on release. The Slimzee one was I think the first 'proper' release grime/dubstep one I bought (after loads of tape packs & 12s) - I think I expected something more like the Smoove one he did (which I finally got recently) & concluded he was a bit hamstrung by the limited selection, but I have to say that on listening again, I'm more struck than anything by some of the precision mixing, occasionally even reaching that difficult-to-achieve state where its hard to hear the joins. The N-Type one was the first one I bought after a long period of not listening to much dubstep & I think I was expecting more variety at the time, but now I am struck by the sheer number of tunes wacked in over the course of the disc. Although it isn't quite as precise as the Slimzee one, again it is very shrewdly mixed in places, riffs in one record being near-echoed in the next, snippets of tunes whipped in & out again never to return etc. Overall, two very overlooked mixes I think, well worthy of the full releases they got...

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
The domain BareFiles.com is for sale. To purchase, call BuyDomains.com at +1 781-373-6862 or 855-209-3496. Click here for more details.

:(