i'm painting the george cross on all my possessions

bassnation

the abyss
matt b said:
to PROVE my patriotism.

what are you doing, eh?

i'm going to get a swanky tie with a georges cross on it just like tony blair, even though hes a scot - and i'm welsh.

actually, joking aside - i don't see anything wrong in hoping england wins despite not being english, because wales didn't make it same as usual (sigh)

Rambler

Awanturnik
One of these should do the trick. "Your own quality England pint glass so that everyone in the pub knows that Patriotism oozes out of you"

I also like this slightly mixed message. "Show your patriotism, wear this St George Viking Hat".

IdleRich

IdleRich
"Your own quality England pint glass so that everyone in the pub knows that Patriotism oozes out of you"
Ha, I thought that was you being sarcastic, I didn't realise that that was actually how it was advertised.
I'm completely unpatriotic but I love supporting the England Football Team, why is that? I'm not that fussed about my country and I can't really see that I should care about a bunch of overpaid pretty boys (and Wayne Rooney) but somehow put them together and it changes me - I can't believe how excited I am about the world cup. Well, I can because it happens every time.
I certainly won't be putting out flags or anything but I've got to say (and I'll probably be in the minority here) I really like seeing them everywhere, out of windows, on cars etc. That combined with the weather is creating a bit of a carnival atmosphere in my mind.

mms

sometimes
I'm drugging my girlfriend and tatooing her from head to toe in the georges cross tonight
shes be so proud of this gift of an act of patriotism

matt b

Indexing all opinion
mms said:
I'm drugging my girlfriend and tatooing her from head to toe in the georges cross tonight
shes be so proud of this gift of an act of patriotism

its that sense of duty that is so lacking in much of todays youth.

F

foret

my self harming sessions (for one month only) will consist of cruciform incisions, using a broken england glass and soundtracked by the soporific intonations of andy townsend

Eric

Mr Moraigero
foret said:
my self harming sessions (for one month only) will consist of cruciform incisions, using a broken england glass and soundtracked by the soporific intonations of andy townsend

!!!!!!!!!!

Thank god Im not English ... :)

matt b

Indexing all opinion
yesterday i saw a car with a st george's flag in the back window. across it were written the words 'football is shit'

brave man ;)

gek-opel

entered apprentice
@ Matt B- That's fucking great! [not that I loath football per se, but a little counter-hegemonic activity is always fun]

matt b

Indexing all opinion
Deserves a revive I think.

I was thinking that this world cup the INGERLAND flag waving was more low key, but had to drive through Bradford this morning and it was flags on houses and cars all over.

Best I saw: A car with FIVE flags and stickers on all the doors. The four occupants each had a comedy red and white hat on.

Put the two flag cars to shame.

jenks

thread death
Sign outside the Conservative Club in my home town, Hitchin:

"Come and support Endland here!"

Illiterate Tories, they couldn't even spell the name of their own country! What has partriotism come to?

hucks

Your Message Here
This World Cup I've really come to like the flags everywhere. I really like village fetes, y'see.

scottdisco

rip this joint please
This World Cup I've really come to like the flags everywhere. I really like village fetes, y'see.

me too, actually. plus i've seen it like this in other countries and some flags are very aesthetically pleasing. (not necessarily just for sporting events, granted.)

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
You want to see some real patriotism, you should come round where I live. These folks are equal in fervour, except they haven't ever set foot in the country they are celebrating in their entire life or even met the descendent who gave them their native blood, owing to his last being alive about 100 years ago.

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
Out of interest, are there actually people getting offended by England flags? I find them a bit lame, but loads of people seem to be on this massive "PC-NAZIS BAN CHRISTMAS"-esque outrage thing about immigrants / foreigners / commies who not only COME TO OUR COUNTRY and STEAL OUR JOBS but actually GET ALL OFFENDED BY THE SYMBOL OF OUR GREAT NATION, but I'm assuming that this is just more Richard Littlejohn "you couldn't make it up (although actually I just did)"...

scottdisco

rip this joint please
Out of interest, are there actually people getting offended by England flags? I find them a bit lame, but loads of people seem to be on this massive "PC-NAZIS BAN CHRISTMAS"-esque outrage thing about immigrants / foreigners / commies who not only COME TO OUR COUNTRY and STEAL OUR JOBS but actually GET ALL OFFENDED BY THE SYMBOL OF OUR GREAT NATION, but I'm assuming that this is just more Richard Littlejohn "you couldn't make it up (although actually I just did)"...

funnily enough, the only people i personally know that do get offended by them are WASPy liberals (my oldest mate's mum springs continually to mind, for one)

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
What's wrong with insane jingoism?

Has anyone yet tattooed the George Cross into their face, or is it too early for that?

matt b

Indexing all opinion
What's wrong with insane jingoism?

Has anyone yet tattooed the George Cross into their face, or is it too early for that?

me, this morning:
150809_marcvallee_anti_bnp_protest_blog_2.jpg