They Came From The Stars (I Saw Them)

wonk_vitesse

radio eros
the records are great.....

but i've seen them do some crap live shows, they just didn't know how to make people love'm. Mind you they did play at the QEH, London recently and it was real hoot, complete with samba band walking on at the end. :D

IdleRich

IdleRich
I've seen 'em live a few times and they've always been a laugh although different every time. Have they actually put any records out? I know they've been around for a while but I've never heard about any records, that could be part of the reason that they aren't better known couldn't it?

J

jimbackhouse

i did my brief stint with them on stylophone some years ago: that was when they were a sprawling 10 / 12 piece - think they're down to a more manageable 4/5 now!

they were nothing if not absurdly (over) ambitious, resulting in some catastrophically crap live shows, as well as some mindblowingly good ones! their 'farewell' show up in hackney a couple of years ago was quite seriously one of the best gigs i've ever witnessed; transcendent prog / disco / new wave with the aforementioned samba band for the (2 hour) encore. i couldn't believe they actually played for about 4 hours in all. mental!

heard very good things about the new album - hope it actually gets released!

Last edited: