Riddim.ca v.3 launches

nomos

Administrator
After many weeks of work, I'm very happy to announce the launch of Riddim.ca version 3. After a year and a half online, this is the site's biggest upgrade to date.

http://www.riddim.ca/

I've added loads of new features that will give a lot more control over the site to its members. This includes:

* New look

* A versatile Calendar system that allows promoters to upload event flyers and enter event/contact info.

* We finally have a working Gallery that members can contribute to.

* Members can also contribute files to the new improved Media (downloads) section.

* No more hosting worries! I've moved Riddim.ca to a new server that allows us 40x more web space and 40x more bandwidth for up/downloads.

* MyPage for members - You'll notice that the boards are different. They're linked to a community building module that allows every member to have a detailed Profile with a photo and contact info. You can even build MySpace-style buddy lists...

* Featured Profiles - The long-promised section profiling North American DJs, producers, promoters, etc. has finally been full implemented. We currently have 17 people profiled with more to come.

* 'Archives' section where I've begun to collect older writings on UKG, 2-step, grime and dubstep. Some of this material is hard to find or no longer available online.

Some features weren't possible to implement just yet, but a few more are still in the works.

The bad news is that existing members will have to register again (the old database couldn't be integrated into the new site). The good news is that registered members will be eleigible to win prizes in an upcoming contest.

Enjoy! Let me know what you think.

- autonomic