Shara Nelson

jenks

thread death
Whilst recovering from a broken leg I'm listening to loads of music. This morning I listened to the two Shara Nelson solo albums and suddenly thought 'Where did she go?'
I mean she has a fantastic voice and I just love those two albums - so what happened to her, where is she now an dhas she released anything else?

Buick6

too punk to drunk
I actually *bought* that first shara nelson nelson that Massive did, but hocked it coz it was 2 songs and the rest utter dreck.

she went to the same place that Allison Moyet, Carmel and that chick from Tricky went, I suppose.

jenks

thread death
You are putting her in the same category as Carmel???

Now you've said some inflammatory things in your time Buick but c'mon that first Massive album, Friendly Fire and What Silence knows are all essential listening round our way.

( I also wonder what happened to Mary Margeret O'Hara - but that's another thread)

stelfox

Beast of Burden
mary margaret o'hara is still around in toronto. i actually saw her wandering around there back in 2002. she did a show or two there a little while ago and starred in a dreadful canadian movie called apartment hunting a few years back. while the film is absolute bilge, she also did the soundtrack, which has one or two fantastic tracks on it. i'[ve got it and will do you a burn if you like, jenks. it might take me ages but you will get it eventually. i'm a big fan of hers. and buick, martina topley-bird is still around. she's done quite a bit of stuff lately and even got nominated for a mercury music prize a while ago. she's not exactly off the map.

Last edited:

jenks

thread death
stelfox said:
mary margaret o'hara is still around in toronto. i actually saw her wandering around there back in 2002. she did a show or two there a little while ago and starred in a dreadful canadian movie called apartment hunting a few years back. while the film is absolute bilge, she also did the soundtrack, which has one or two fantastic tracks on it. i'[ve got it and will do you a burn if you like, jenks. it might take me ages but you will get it eventually. i'm a big fan of hers. and buick, martina topley-bird is still around. she's done quite a bit of stuff lately and even got nominated for a mercury music prize a while ago. she's not exactly off the map.

Stelfox- thanks for the kind offer. Yeah, i would love to hear the Mary Margaret O' Hara stuff.
I remember that album being released in 88, i think, when something wonderful was being released every week - Reynolds, Roberts, Stubbs, The Studs were all on fire at the Maker and i was 21!!!
I must have used tracks from Miss America so often on tapes i have made for people, trying to pressgang them into a love affair with that voice.

Tried to PM you but your inbox is full