Internet Relationships and Identity

satanmcnugget

beware folks!

there are people out there who are just salivating at the chance to exploit our intrinsic need to try to lovre an connect...for the last year or so, evidence has been surmounting that my online identity has been compromised, and i would suggest that others be wary of this...

ive TRIED to warn various online institutions, such as payPal, etc. that my identity has been compromised, and they havent exactly been listening...

dig this:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
eBay sent this message on behalf of an eBay member via My Messages. Responses sent using email will go to the eBay member directly and will include your email address. Click the Respond Now button below to send your response via My Messages.

Response from amritpal2004
amritpal2004( 29)
Positive Feedback: 100%
Registered On: www.ebay.co.uk
Item: DELL PRECISION M20 LAPTOP BRAND NEW BOXED!!! NO RESERVE (8812386909)
This message was sent while the listing was active.
amritpal2004 is the seller.
Hello, Money was sent today.Please e-mail me as soon as possible because I want to know when I receive my package. Thank you, pleighty Regards

Respond to this question in My Messages.
Respond Now

Item Details
Item name: DELL PRECISION M20 LAPTOP BRAND NEW BOXED!!! NO RESERVE
Item number: 8812386909
End date: May-22-06 14:08:13 PDT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this all fine and dandy, except that iam not amritpal whoever

ive tried to contact ebay, only to find that my access to the site has been mysteriously blocked

weird, huh?

can anyone out there on this board sendme some pointers as to how to proceed?????????

i want to inform ebay that their security has been compromised, as well as protect myself

any help????

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
It looks as if maybe your ebay account has been hacked into for the purpose of scamming others?

Sorry if that's obvious. Have you tried contacting ebay here: http://pages.ebay.com/help/newtoebay/about-support.html
(click on contact customer support and sign in as a guest)

I have heard of this happening to others. Is there necessarily a link to online relationships? Security can be breached in many ways, passwords guessed etc.

satanmcnugget

ty so much, Noel

none of this stuff is obvious to me...im realtively puter illiterate, so it's all very helpful info

thanks again! :)

hint

party record with a siren
Hopefully you haven't already... but make sure you don't follow ANY links in the email you got... it could be directing you to a fake ebay site which is designed to steal your login details.

Good luck with it all!

Buick6

too punk to drunk
Was gonna say, for about a year I thought I was having a sex realtionship with a female Modest Mouse fan from Wisconsin, when it turned out to be some bloody male psych-major! :eek: