Favorite band names?

labrat

hot on the heels of love
Cop Shoot Cop always tickled me- me mate reconed it sounded like a Mexican newspaper headline..

henry s

Street Fighting Man
Bark Psychosis
Straitjacket Fits
Destiny's Child
Blue Oyster Cult
Moldy Peaches
Beat Happening
Ultra Vivid Scene

they all just roll off the tongue, don't they?

dHarry

It's not obvious because dodgy names like the Beatles and the Stooges change fundamentally with familiarity with the band/music.

But Sonic Youth has to be a contender for the best rock band name ever, despite what you think of them?

Freakaholic

not just an addiction
labrat said:
Cop Shoot Cop always tickled me- me mate reconed it sounded like a Mexican newspaper headline..

Always one of my favorites.

Love their first album too:

Cop Shoot Cop: Ask Questions Later

Gotta add Dying Fetus in there too.

Something about Metal names. Just heard Caninus, which is awesome cuz the lead singers are dogs!

mms

sometimes
ac/dc is pretty correct apart from to my mum it means bisexual

slayer

kraftwerk

bob marley and the wailers.

throughsilver

Funny thing about band names is that so many bands have rubbish names that the good ones seem brilliant.

I like the Nottingham kung-fu trend (Iron Monkey, Armour Of God)
Lots that I can't remember at the moment, which is always the way. Man Is The Bastard, for one, as well as His Hero Is Gone. I'm one for the nihilistic names, it seems. Faith No More as well, actually. Teenage Jesus and the Jerks is a cool one, and I love saying "Einsturzende Neubauten" and "Charger".

Last one I'll mention for the moment is when Rollins Band released an EP under the name Henrietta Collins and the Wife Beating Child Haters. Allegedly.

matt b

Indexing all opinion
phantom limb management

born against

universal order of armageddon

amps for christ

throughsilver said:
ILast one I'll mention for the moment is when Rollins Band released an EP under the name Henrietta Collins and the Wife Beating Child Haters. Allegedly.

no allegedly about it

Buick6

too punk to drunk
dHarry said:
It's not obvious because dodgy names like the Beatles and the Stooges change fundamentally with familiarity with the band/music.

But Sonic Youth has to be a contender for the best rock band name ever, despite what you think of them?

Yeah must agree with this one. spacemen3 is cool too.

zhao

there are no accidents
S'express

2 Unlimited

C+C Music Factory.

Neurosis really should do a tour with Therapy...