DMZ: who's reaching?

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
july_06.gif

Who's gonna be there?

I have special dispensation to make another pilgrimage so barring accidents I will be present at the single most exciting musical event in the world right now.

Following the last one there was talk of a meet up in Brixton - possibly Brockwell Park - before hand. Anyone still up for this?

Sadly Eden is going to be out of London that weekend so his initiation in bass weight will have to occur at another time...

boomnoise

♫
count me in. hand in the air, guilty of dubstep hype talk, but i don't care.

a meet up would be good. i struggle to find anywhere decent in brixton for pre dmz drinks so if a redenvous point is named i'll be there to 'get a few in'.

if you haven't been before. please go, especially if you're a dubstep floater.

Gabba Flamenco Crossover

High Sierra Skullfuck
I could be tempted - i walked past mass when the last one was on, ummed & arred about popping in but in the end I didnt.

Given that peeps are travelling from far & wide when I'm just living 10mins away, I really should make the effort.

Prince Albert, the Trinity & the Effra are all decent pubs within spitting distance of mass. The Effra sometimes has live reggae on saturdays, which could be an interesting warm-up.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Gabba Flamenco Crossover said:
I could be tempted - i walked past mass when the last one was on, ummed & arred about popping in but in the end I didnt.

Given that peeps are travelling from far & wide when I'm just living 10mins away, I really should make the effort.

Prince Albert, the Trinity & the Effra are all decent pubs within spitting distance of mass. The Effra sometimes has live reggae on saturdays, which could be an interesting warm-up.

Same here - saw the long queue outside at about 9 (that was the month when they moved into the big room next door, wasn't it?), and instead ended up going to the Dogstar. D'oh!

You're right, the Effra is a great pub...

I'm pretty much a dubstep floater (followed it back in the days of El-B and Horsepower, but kinda lost touch, rather than lost interest, since then), so may well be up for this (on my doorstep too, so seems foolish to miss it). Meet-up would be great from my point of view, seeing as getting any of my friends along to see dubstep (as I've said before on here in relation to the End event) would involve, well, lying to them. Managed it with grime, but this might be a step (ahem) too far.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Gabba Flamenco Crossover said:

Same here - saw the long queue outside at about 9 (that was the month when they moved into the big room next door, wasn't it?), and instead ended up going to the Dogstar. D'oh!

You're right, the Effra is a great pub...

I'm pretty much a dubstep floater (followed it back in the days of El-B and Horsepower, but kinda lost touch, rather than lost interest, since then), so may well be up for this (on my doorstep too, so seems foolish to miss it). Meet-up would be great from my point of view, seeing as getting any of my friends along to see dubstep (as I've said before on here in relation to the End event) would involve, well, lying to them. Managed it with grime, but this might be a half-step (ahem) too far.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I might well come down to this one. I fully intended to go to the last one but something came up, I went to the one before and had a great time. I don't know what a dubstep floater is but I may be one.

Gabba Flamenco Crossover

High Sierra Skullfuck
baboon2004 said:
I'm pretty much a dubstep floater (followed it back in the days of El-B and Horsepower, but kinda lost touch, rather than lost interest, since then), so may well be up for this (on my doorstep too, so seems foolish to miss it) .

Yeah, that's pretty much my position. I was kind of around it in the early days, purely cos I used to buy techno at big apple & slowly got sucked into picking up a few horsepower & ghost/El-B bits along the way. Never heard this music on a rig & looking forward to doing so.

baboon2004 said:
Meet-up would be great from my point of view, seeing as getting any of my friends along to see dubstep (as I've said before on here in relation to the End event) would involve, well, lying to them. Managed it with grime, but this might be a half-step (ahem) too far.

I know a few crew who'd be down for it, but most of them are going to be in serbia that weekend for the exit festival. So a meet-up sounds dandy - it'd be great to meet a few dissensus faces anyway.

mms

sometimes
i'm unfortunatley going to be in northern, i'm trying to give up cigarettes at the moment and there are parallels there, i've been trying to get in as much bass as possible in recently.

adruu

This Is It
i swear i will be at blazedown number 3!

i think i said it on dubplate, and i don't like repeating myself, but its an ethical requirement that everyone who is physically capable of reaching a dmz night do so for people like me who can't =P

btw, skream was absolutely killer in montreal here over the weekend. the boy wonder is hillarious, and much slicker on the decks than i expected. big up mr. twist.

S

simon silverdollar

yeah i think i'll try to make it. i've never been before, despite it being just down the road from me.

will be good to meet some dissensians.

shudder

where exactly in London is this? I'm going to be in the UK that weekend, visiting family in Surrey, and I had no idea DMZ would be on.... I'm not at all sure I'd be able to make to DMZ and then back to Surrey tho.. Still, I would *love* to see that lineup. I mean, I know every single fucking dj!

fseq

functionalsequence
the venue is on effra road in brixton, 300 yards south of the tube station and 400 yards south of the rail station, just behind the triangular green/park area. obviously depends where in surrey you are as to quite how easy travel will be but brixton is only 20 minutes by tube or 8 mins by train from victoria station, from where most of that county is easily accessible.

shudder

the family i'm staying with is in guildford.. I really have no idea where that would be w/r/t victoria station. How late do trains run?

Logos

Ghosts of my life
shudder said:
the family i'm staying with is in guildford.. I really have no idea where that would be w/r/t victoria station. How late do trains run?

Guilford goes into Waterloo I believe...but yr unlikely to be able to get a train back until morning, why would you want to leave before 4 or 5 anyway ;)

fseq

functionalsequence
Guilford goes into Waterloo I believe...but yr unlikely to be able to get a train back until morning, why would you want to leave before 4 or 5 anyway

ok, so you can't get to *everywhere* in surrey from victoria. my mistake. ;)

no problem though as long as you stay late - 5/6ish - at dmz (and who wouldn't?). when you're done just walk up towards the tube station and catch a 59 bus going north. that'll take you straight to waterloo from where you catch the first morning train to guildford - leaves between 6 and 7 am on a sunday probably and no more than an hour travelling time i'd would have thought.

if you're likely to leave dmz early, ie. 2/3 am, i wouldn't bother going as that journey is going to be nightmarish, perhaps even impossible, on public transport unless you can afford a £50+ taxi.

tryptych

waiting for a time
*timidly raising hand* i think i'll be along, obviously nervous about meeting the collective brain trust of dissensus...

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
I'm still vacillating. Will probably end up going. The thing that's putting me off at the moment is how packed it was last time until around 2. Also the price of beer, and no red stripe!

It's going to be mad-busy this one isn't it?

IdleRich

IdleRich
"obviously nervous about meeting the collective brain trust of dissensus"
I can completely understand that - I would definitely be nervous, I mean, I'm not exactly shy but...well, you know. On the other hand I also think it would be cool.
Won't get a chance to resolve those feelings this time though, I'm not going after all because it's my friend's birthday and he has decided to go to a cabaret club in Bethnal Green.