Nas's latest track

Woebot

"Who do the Gangsters think they are" or something like that.

Not released yet.

Nas = old man.

But this is a totally fucking amazing track. Anyone else heard it?

hint

party record with a siren
Is this "Where Y'All At", or another one?

Either way, he's still got it.

"Across The Tracks" with Papoose and Blitz is also incredible. He's picking great beats these days, which always helps of course. Really subtle, rolling stuff, letting his voice take centre stage.

Last edited:

gumdrops

sounds like it was made in 1992. his flow really is just like it was in between live at the bbq and illmatic. fantastic song. i pray the album is as good.

Blackdown

nexKeysound
anyone heard the Method Man and Lauren Hill track? what odds would the bookies given you for both of them being good on the same track!!

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
re Nas see hiphop thread page 8. Yeah it's Okaaaay, that Meth track is just a Lauren Hill sample though, no?

nomos

Administrator
it all went downhill when he started wearing that cowboy hat around his second album. but 'live at the bbq' and 'halftime' will always be favourites.

mistersloane

autonomicforthepeople said:
it all went downhill when he started wearing that cowboy hat around his second album. but 'live at the bbq' and 'halftime' will always be favourites.

NO WAY!! "Made You Look" is just fucking genius.

bruno

est malade
i thought it was great for a few days, then completely lost interest.

it is kind of miraculous how they can pull this off again and again and again. a looped sample here, someone saying 'gangstas' there = hit. it works every time!

hint

party record with a siren
bruno said:
a looped sample here, someone saying 'gangstas' there = hit. it works every time!

It really is that simple. :confused:

The ill whip pusher
My spit wet you if you stand close to the woofer
Bet ya get sprayed by my lecture

In a Rolls Royce like the king of Nigeria
My criteria is: smoke cigars
Change rap, like Jimi Hendrix changed rock'n'roll
With a broke guitar

mistersloane

bruno said:
i thought it was great for a few days, then completely lost interest.

it is kind of miraculous how they can pull this off again and again and again. a looped sample here, someone saying 'gangstas' there = hit. it works every time!

Dunno if that ever quite worked for Nas. Wiley, however....

one of the worst tracks I've heard this year....

Blackdown said:
anyone heard the Method Man and Lauren Hill track? what odds would the bookies given you for both of them being good on the same track!!

what a waste of talent Mef turned out to be....