ruff sqwad

bruno

est malade
enough of this mixtape nonsense, let's have a proper album. they should have released it ages ago. i feel like things are being put on hold indefinitely, it's depressing. by the time they release an album all the hunger, subtlety, experimentation of their music may have disappeared. groups change, destroy their past achievements thorugh re-recording, overproduction. groups tend to split up. time is running out.

Last edited:

Jezmi

Olli Oliver Steichelsmein
I'm not too worried. There's something to say for not progressing too fast. You can see Ruff Sqwads productions getting more exposure, videos being made (Mercston ft Ghetto, Sub Zero). They keep stacking beats, as soon as they would release a proper album, new beats would have overtaken it. Rather a wide variety mixcd's.

Cornflake

there is lots of stuff, just have to look to find ruff squad's imprint.

Im thinkign about picking up the rock ep...i have the no bass ep which is definately sick...

what about the tinchy styder album?

there definately busy with things....

Logos

Ghosts of my life
The Guns and Roses special edition is like a 'best of' compilation anyway - well its got Anna Cuckoo and Jampie on there at least.

bruno

est malade
so guns n roses 2 is only ruff sqwad productions, and if it's unmixed like the first one.. that's technically an album, no? and i can stop moaning.

don_quixote

Trent End
can anyone let me know what ruff sqwad i actually bought on friday? it was in hmv, only marked as "sing" in there. it's damn good anyway.

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
Gun n Roses 2 is going to be another underground.

Rapid is doing an album of his productions featuring vocals from various people.

And there will be a Ruff Sqwad instrumental CD when I get the masters from them.... which could be anytime from tomorrow to next year.

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
Radioactivity got scuppered by Kiss legal.

I give away everything I would have put on radioactivity through my myspace page and blogspot.

Keepin It Grimey will be out as soon as I tie down a distributor.

And The Business is still being built now.

But thank you for pointing out my lack of delivery on promises. I shall endeavour to resolve those issues.

mos dan

fact music
im worrying their time might have passed... and that they dont seem too bothered either

how has their time passed? they still turn up to more raves, more regularly, than most crews. gnr2 essentially *was* an album, just without the distro that that implies. and they're still ticking over individually as well - slix's mixtape was heavy, tinchy's got an album out, fuda's got a mixtape coming out...

i dunno, do you really think it would've been better if they'd signed to some waste minor label last spring and then spent eighteen months 'in development'?

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
And it's out on Test Press for people who are keen and dedicated RIGHT NOW!

Finally got a CD with some of the classic Ruff Sqwad circa De Ja 2004 tunes. Amazing how hard it was to actually find some of these tunes on CD.

So it is forming itself nicely now. As and when I have more info regarding a prospective release for the double CD as well as accompanying vinyl re-issues, I shall let everyone know

viktorvaughn

I'm well excited me. Ruff Sqwad are still probably the most exciting thing in Grime for me. Been digging out the old instrumentals on the net and purchasing the classic vinyls.

gumdrops

how has their time passed? they still turn up to more raves, more regularly, than most crews. gnr2 essentially *was* an album, just without the distro that that implies. and they're still ticking over individually as well - slix's mixtape was heavy, tinchy's got an album out, fuda's got a mixtape coming out...

ive not heard their new stuff. for some reason i thought they had basically gone quiet after the slix, tinchy and GNR2 mix-cds (i wouldnt call them albums, they were just like JMEs stuff). but im glad they logan is releasing some of their stuff. rapids one of my favourite producers. hope whoever did the design for GNR2 does the artwork for their new stuff too.

Last edited:

john eden

male pale and stale
the slix, tinchy and GNR2 mix-cds (i wouldnt call them albums, they were just like JMEs stuff).

How are they not albums though? I'm not a very "album person" these days but GNR2 seems to be up there in terms of format and quality as most contemporary dancehall artist albums. Is it the lack of skits or a huge cover booklet or something?

Genuine Q, not having a go, just interested in what constitutes a proper album in grime.

S

simon silverdollar

How are they not albums though? I'm not a very "album person" these days but GNR2 seems to be up there in terms of format and quality as most contemporary dancehall artist albums. Is it the lack of skits or a huge cover booklet or something?

Genuine Q, not having a go, just interested in what constitutes a proper album in grime.

how great is it that John Eden's got into grime?!

it really pleases me for some reason

S

simon silverdollar

ive not heard their new stuff. for some reason i thought they had basically gone quiet after the slix, tinchy and GNR2 mix-cds (i wouldnt call them albums, they were just like JMEs stuff). but im glad they logan is releasing some of their stuff. rapids one of my favourite producers. hope whoever did the design for GNR2 does the artwork for their new stuff too.

the tracks that rapid had on his myspace the other day when i checked were mental- not really grime at all. i don't know what they were. really good though