what did santa get YOU for xmas

S

simon silverdollar

ruff sqwad- 'move'
and wiley 'ice pole' [the second best wiley track ever, igloo being the best. eskimo is third.]

nick.K

gabba survivor
I got a a 'get-out-of-family-celebrations' free card, it's like the monopoly 'get-out-of-jail-free' card. I have a tank of diesel, stack of cds and the roads are deserted. What could be better than that?

satanmcnugget said:
well not to be presumptuous about anybody else's sexuality, but for me personally <a href="http://lingeriedreams.blogspot.com/2004/09/getting-ready.html">this</a> wld be about the only thing better than that...wow

Oh, yessss! You've made my Xmas with that one, matey!

Oh, and I got one of those little portable speaker-systems that folds-up to the dimensions of an old-style chunky double-CD case. Very handy for the travelling iPod user.

nomos

Administrator
Music:
Some Wiley and Dizzee vinyl that I had been wanting. I also picked up a couple of 7 inchers from the Black Chiney label. My dancehall knowledge is spotty but these tunes pushed the right buttons.

Non-fiction:
Nabeel Zuberi's Sounds English - Transnational Popular Music. From what I've gathered so far, a pretty solid cultural history of 80s/90s music from England/Inglan/Inglistan.

Audio Culture - Readings in Modern Music (Cox and Warner eds.) - Russolo to Philip Sherburne in one overly ambitious collection. It looks like a great starting point for any number of paths but there just isn't enough space for it all. Consequently, Kodwo Eshun and others are represented by abbreviated excerpts filled with ellipses.

I finally got my own copy of The Sex Revolts by our own blissblogger and Joy Press.

And two novels: Choke by Chuck Palahniuk and Fahrenheit 451 (saw the film ages ago but I hadn't read the book).

Backjob

My mate damien made me a cd of really THE most awful christmas music. I'm still trying to figure out the hidden message.

Chef Napalm

Lost in the Supermarket
I'm gonna get beat up for this, but I got the Pet Shop Boys Pop/Art and Performance DVDs. A friend also made me a DVD copy of his Discovery laserdisc.

There. I said it.

PS. Orbital Blue Album.

jd_

Backjob said:
My mate damien made me a cd of really THE most awful christmas music. I'm still trying to figure out the hidden message.

Did "Christmas in Oakville" make the cut?

bun-u

Trumpet Police
wow, most of you got decent christmas presents, I got the usual staples, mishits and wierd shit ('a didgeridoo...erm thanks')

my highlight this christmas was cycling into regents canal on the way back from drinking single malt at a friend's house. the canal is very cold this time of year.

john eden

male pale and stale
I got the Streets album, the Screen Burn book, a new dressing gown, the Little Britain DVD... and a CD recorder for the stereo.

Quite chuffed with that lot. :cool:

There's a runour of some delayed books from Amazon also...

craner

Beast of Burden
Funnily enough, I asked for single malt whiskey, but didn't get any.

I got a great Orsen Welles-style dressing gown.

Someone gave me Dior aftershave, which even I found embarrasing.

I got a book full of beautiful paintings of birds.

I got a lovely pair of boot cut jeans.

owen

quite an odd selection this year...
a thriller in spanish that my sister picked up in a junk market because she thought i'd like the cover (and i do! maybe i'll post it sometime)*
a ludacris 12" with a wiley remix on
some cheese
an enormous quantity of booze
some money, most of which ended up going on rent
socks. nice socks but socks
taking tiger mountain by eno

* (i can't read spanish)

owen

yup that's the one.....'wiley kat of pay as you go'. its good tho
sorry originaldrum i'm far too thick with tech for that. it shouldnt be too hard to get hold of mind you.

mms

sometimes
dubplatestyle said:
is that the "roll out" remix? it's quite old at this point, isn't it?

yep ages old, but i noticed they've got it as well as loads of other hip hop 12"s on sale as 3 for a tenner in hmv. it's not great, the original is much better.

i got jeans and a shirt but went out after christmas and got in debt buying some grime records.