New Justin Timberlake song.

swears

preppy-kei
It 's wicked.
I love the ravey keyboard stabs, perfect drunken student union dancing with girls material.
Imagine getting really pissed on two pitchers of Blue lagoon and taking the lyrics totally seriously. Awesome... :)

http://www.justintimberlake.com/

michael

Bring out the vacuum
No, I got half way through the song wondering who this Kelis type vocalist was and when Justin was going to start. :)

I've given it half a dozen listens, but I don't like the song at all... seems really really generic and ... dumb. The Justin songs I like, a big part of it is the mix of the melody and the beats.

Mr H

Sounds like he's trying to imitate Pharell's vocal style. Produced by Timbo tho I take it?

swears

preppy-kei
michael said:
No, I got half way through the song wondering who this Kelis type vocalist was and when Justin was going to start. :)

I've given it half a dozen listens, but I don't like the song at all... seems really really generic and ... dumb. The Justin songs I like, a big part of it is the mix of the melody and the beats.

It's supposed to be dumb. :D
I think it's original enough for a pop song, I like the stop-starty sort of production.
And fellas who sing like girls are the best.

hint

party record with a siren
"Take it to the chorus" in a wobbly Hammer Horror style voice = hot.

But the rest of the track is pretty forgettable I think. The distorted voice is a bit too Muse.

hint

party record with a siren
heh

If you're gonna look at it in pop terms, it's a poor choice as a lead single... putting this out in the next couple of months will make Justin look like he's playing catch-up with Nelly Furtado. Whereas, last time around, he was out there on his own and leading the way.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
hint said:
heh

If you're gonna look at it in pop terms, it's a poor choice as a lead single... putting this out in the next couple of months will make Justin look like he's playing catch-up with Nelly Furtado. Whereas, last time around, he was out there on his own and leading the way.

Good point...Rachel Stevens would have sounded hot on this as well, a UK remix would kill it with him and her on it.

swears

preppy-kei
It got two-stars on Pitchfork. (Isn't it sad how they have half-stars? Why not just rate tunes out of ten?)
But even mediocre timbaland is still ten times better than anything they like. (Be Your Own Pet? Aww...urgh.)

Oh Lord...

HE'S BACK...didn't Usher finish this fool off by going Diamond by using no big name producers?

*runs to cupboard to prepare arsenic smoothie*

I'm aware he is but not really in the sense

Tim F said:
Jermaine Dupri isn't a big name producer?!??!??

of crowding the spotlight as say Pharell who is considered publicly as the Neptunes (if they are even mentioned anymore) or a Timbo.....Dupri is a industry God as say a Dave Grohl or a ?uestlove.....

stelfox

Beast of Burden
dupri is fucking huge - he's one of the most known producers around. he's way more important than harrison, storch etc, on a par with swizz beats and maybe only eclipsed by the neptunes and timbaland

yes no-one disputing that BUT

stelfox said:
dupri is fucking huge - he's one of the most known producers around. he's way more important than harrison, storch etc, on a par with swizz beats and maybe only eclipsed by the neptunes and timbaland

IN THE INDUSTRY....read again....IN THE INDUSTRY.....in a name drop fashion he is never mentioned instead ppl will name drop Timbo or the Neps which is part of the reason why they were signed on the Timberlake project...so that his name could be linked to there's....it seems like they'll try that again.....

stelfox

Beast of Burden
no he's just big. he's continually mentioned in magazines , people talk about him, he's a well-known,, big-time playa without qualification!

Precious Cuts

stelfox said:

That's a pretty contentious point, considering JD has publicly and controversially complained that he doesn't get the recognition he deserves in the production game. Whether or not it is deserved is one thing, but I think its an undeniable fact that he has exceptionally low recognition for a multi-platinum producer. The man has said so himself.