the summer r&b record i've been waiting for has arrived...

boomnoise

♫
like the whisper song but not vulgar, this has a similar feel but with an undeniable sassie sexiness and kraftwerkesque synths and a monsterous bassy snyth stab. pretty sublime.

Logos

Ghosts of my life
Sweet vocal and bleep and bassline magic.

Chord progression in the chorus definitely reminds me of something but I can't put my finger on it...

blunt

shot by both sides
Blackdown said:
... Cassie 'Me&U' (original, diddy remix and desi refix).

Yes mate. Top tune, altho I've not heard the Diddy remix yet.

But I'm sticking with Lady Sov this summer...

Pitchfork got to be good for sthg, eh? Apart from your monthly digest, of course ;)

hint

party record with a siren
The album should be really good, actually... heard 3 more tracks so far - all mighty fine.

They've all got that mixture of pretty brutal clunky drums with more delicate instrumentation.

Poisonous Dart

Lone Swordsman
Ewwww....

blunt said:
Yes mate. Top tune, altho I've not heard the Diddy remix yet.

But I'm sticking with Lady Sov this summer...

Pitchfork got to be good for sthg, eh? Apart from your monthly digest, of course ;)

Pitchfork is the worst excuse for a magazine that tries hard to be edgy by OCASSIONALLY reviewing Hip Hop/Urban music and making themselves look like ignorant jackoffs with what they write about what they reviewed....as far as that Lady Sov song goes, it's pureed shit on dry toast. The beat (and I use that term loosely) sounds like background effects from "Star Trek" or "Space 1999" and the lyrics made me wanna yawn halfway through the second verse...I want that two minutes of my life back and I blame you, blunt for me losing them in the first place. LOL. One.

swears

preppy-kei
You can tell from the tone of the reviews on Pitchfork that they only take indie-rock seriously. It's fucking pathetic.

michael

Bring out the vacuum
I don't know anyone involved with Pitchfork personally, but a bunch of the not-indie content is done by people who post (or have posted) on dissensus, none of whom have ever written anything here to suggest they even like some indie, let alone that they take it more seriously than their favourite flavours of dance music.

Or are you meaning the editorial staff don't give a fuck?

blunt

shot by both sides
Poisonous Dart said:
The beat (and I use that term loosely) sounds like background effects from "Star Trek" or "Space 1999" [...]

Miaow. And that's bad how, exactly..? ;)