PDA

View Full Version : Shankill road bonfire

mms
12-07-2006, 12:56 PM
this is a pic is of a bonfire on shankill road belfast taken on saturday - ready for tonights 'celebrations', it's massive in that photo, imagine how massive it will be by tonight.
message on the side reads ' if calsburg built bonfires they'd probably build this one'

John Doe
12-07-2006, 04:55 PM
Haven't the Govt. donated a hundred grand to transform this very special day of belligerant posturing and sectarian violence from the Orange Order into (I'm not making this up) a 'family fun day'?

Somehow don't think they're onto a winner with this one...

D7_bohs
12-07-2006, 05:01 PM
depends on the family and their idea of fun i guess...

John Doe
13-07-2006, 10:37 AM
depends on the family and their idea of fun i guess...

That looks more like 'Family kill a Taig day' to me. Not exactly the common definition of fun (unless I'm missing something...)?

D7_bohs
13-07-2006, 12:30 PM
On BBC N.I. last night, they managed to find a Brazilian on the rainy streets of Belfast - it always rains on the twelfth, no matter what its like the rest of the week - who said 'in Brazil we have carnival; this is a bit different, but the same idea' - I doubt if Brazilian TV goes looking for stray orangemen during in carnival to make the reverse comparison.

mms
13-07-2006, 03:43 PM
first time the army haven't had to be there in belfast yesterday though, which has got to be progress.

JIMBOMCCLEAN
14-07-2006, 08:45 PM
This is what size it ended up, i was one of the guy's stacking this boney but altho you may not agree that was some bonfire we built :cool: :p