Shankill road bonfire

mms

sometimes
this is a pic is of a bonfire on shankill road belfast taken on saturday - ready for tonights 'celebrations', it's massive in that photo, imagine how massive it will be by tonight.
message on the side reads ' if calsburg built bonfires they'd probably build this one'

Last edited:

John Doe

Haven't the Govt. donated a hundred grand to transform this very special day of belligerant posturing and sectarian violence from the Orange Order into (I'm not making this up) a 'family fun day'?

Somehow don't think they're onto a winner with this one...

John Doe

D7_bohs said:
depends on the family and their idea of fun i guess...

That looks more like 'Family kill a Taig day' to me. Not exactly the common definition of fun (unless I'm missing something...)?

D7_bohs

On BBC N.I. last night, they managed to find a Brazilian on the rainy streets of Belfast - it always rains on the twelfth, no matter what its like the rest of the week - who said 'in Brazil we have carnival; this is a bit different, but the same idea' - I doubt if Brazilian TV goes looking for stray orangemen during in carnival to make the reverse comparison.

mms

sometimes
first time the army haven't had to be there in belfast yesterday though, which has got to be progress.

JIMBOMCCLEAN

This is what size it ended up, i was one of the guy's stacking this boney but altho you may not agree that was some bonfire we built :cool: :p