question re: Busta's 'Touch It'

and sampled very very very very badly and

totally out of context by the man you should hide your presets from...Swizz Beatz....

version

D Double was talking about Busta the other day.

Flipmode Squad - The Imperial
You see this one here? This one here really gets me so hyped. It’s one of my favourites. Every track is a winner for me, lyrically. Busta Rhymes for me is one of the best spitters on planet earth when it comes to clarity, speed, different zones. Any track he’ll just beat it down and on this album you could hear the rest of his crew. It’s got Spliff Star, a lady called Rah Digga and I think there’s one more, but this album was like one of the first albums I used to go in cars - like my boys didn’t even have a license - and we used to be in different cars, driving around and this album was one of the ones that really got man gassed. Busta Rhymes is definitely one of the greatest.

luka

One of the first times I heard d double was in a stolen car which passed from his hands into, either petchy or this boy called chilli. Can't remember who. He'd left a tape in and the lads played it as we drove

version

Mobb Deep - Amerikaz Nightmare
Mobb Deep man. Mobb Deep is in my car now. I was listening to that album on the way here. I’ve been listening to that album in my car, consistently, for the past two years. If you was to get in my car now it might come on and if you met me eight months ago and got in my car you’d hear it. It’s just in there. Standard. Because I’ve got a disc changer for CDs and it just goes around and around. Only certain albums can stay in there. There’s certain ones that have to come out but Mobb Deep is the only one out of all these albums we’re gonna talk about that is actually in the car, and it’s the real CD, the real album. The physical, official CD.

version

Various Artists - Jungle Hits, Volume 1
This album is the one that got me feeling like this is when London culture started doing our ting. We were listening to America, listening to bashment… but when you hear jungle and you hear the skits on this album, there’s songs with skits on it and you hear the voices, ‘What what where is he mate? He’s a pussio blud. Come over here’’ and then the tune would just start - just to hear the UK voices and to know mans from the ends. Every little house party I would go to someone would play a jungle tune. Jungle came into my life by being what everyone would listen to. So if you just stayed in your house you’d be in your own bubble. And then you can come out of your house, meet some people and they’d say, ‘Yeah man, there’s a guy called Abra Cadabra’ and then you’d be like ‘What? Who’s this?’ and then you’d listen and then it’s like to come out of your house made you aware. Remember there’s no internet, it’s people telling you what’s the lick. So when I came across jungle it was just everywhere. Then General Levy appeared on my screen and Jungle Hits Volume 1, that really reminds me of when I was younger. It takes me back and makes me think about the ends a bit more, the block, the bikes, the basketball, the football, the youth centres, the house parties. And it’s more my environment. When I was listening to the hip-hop, I used to think that’s how they got it, that’s so cool. When I was listening to jungle and hearing there’s a jungle rave I used to feel a part of something, so this album was one of the albums that drew me in to be an MC. I knew the DJs because they were right here, from the ends. He’s got the decks in his yard and he lives in East London. So yeah, Jungle Hits reminds me really of coming together with my boys and mucking around on the mic. This is like the beginning of D Double.