Risky Roads(the roads are real)

Status
Not open for further replies.

luka

i went with Lee down rhythm division and we got our copies. then we hooked up with scoobee and went to mine to watch it. so we're watching it now, sitting on the sofa, and it comes to kano's freestyle
and we're going yeah, kano, he's nangle, and dean was going, see, i told you luke, i should have signed kano back then, i told you he was going to be big, then we're listening to his lyric and he gives it something about
i didn't get no love back when nobody knew me
still can't forget to big up petchy and scoobee

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brapbrap!!!!!!!!!
boooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

definietly big up petchy and scoobee
if you don't know you're dumb

(i realise this is not remotely exciting for you lot, but it made me well happy)

luka

this is the thread for discussing risky roads cd and dvd.

lethal b talks more sense than anybody on it.

luka

this is easily the best value dvd. i paid £17. practive hours was about 14. ph was one short dvd with a few interviews. this is one dvd one classic mix cd (dj maximum, kano, ghetto, dmon) the dvd got 3 hour plus footage, confrontations, interviews, freestyles, music videos (including titchs plaistow classic i can c u) live footage from raves and pirate shows. this is definelty the one to buy. essentials and naa are on it too.
so all you south lovers are covered too, heh!

ambrose

risky roads is better than practice hours, but practice hrs has much better presentation.

my only gripe is that there is no sound on my copy n on any of the music videos.

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
Get Aim High 2 if you care about music.

Risky Roads is hype. If you honestly think Risky Roads is better than practise hours, then you listen to this music for the wrong reasons.

There is too much of this Guardian-reading attitude of "Look at the unfortunate ghetto children, and listen to the quaint shouting noise they make" in the mainstream when it comes to this scene.

Get Aim High 2, find out something about people who are actually interested in making music, instead of chatting shit about "Watch next time I see you blud"

Cheers

S

simon silverdollar

i like practice hours loads. those bits where riko is MCing straight into the camera are really some of my favourite bits of film ever. he's a star.

i really wanna see risky roads tho. mainly cuz of the pirate radio footage. after 'conflict' i'm so hungry to see some more of how pirate sets work.

luka

alright, let me quickly just expose him.
'Risky Roads is hype. If you honestly think Risky Roads is better than practise hours, then you listen to this music for the wrong reasons.

There is too much of this Guardian-reading attitude of "Look at the unfortunate ghetto children, and listen to the quaint shouting noise they make" in the mainstream when it comes to this scene.

Get Aim High 2, find out something about people who are actually interested in making music, instead of chatting shit about "Watch next time I see you blud"'

the person behind practice hours made conflict, the orignal hype dvd where titch tries to fight dizzee. conflict is the one that started all the hype on dvd.
practice hours features titch showing mobile phone footage of the day he kidnapped triple threat, stripped him naked and left him in canvey island. it also features riko and gods gift talking about how they've been bussing gun for years. there are no comparable scenes of violence and the threat of violence in risky roads. risky roads comes with a mix cd by maximum (who unlike sama has been in the scene from the start and can actually mix) with three of the best MCs around, kano, demon and ghetto. practice hours comes with no music whatsoever. so if you love music you're going to buy the one with no music on it? explain that? how exactly does that work? alright, practive hours has some freestyles on it, risky roads has got 4 times as many freestyles on it and from a wider range of people. practice hours is focussed almost exclusively on the tower hamlets boys, risky roads has got boys from south and a lot of the newham/waltham forest boys on it too, its much more inclusive. on risky roads lethal b talks at length about how clashing is hurting the scene and wiley is not making the money he could be making. so what is logan sama actually talking about? could it be his mate made practice hours? why is he talking shit? and why is a boy from chelmsford giving it suck your mum when he don't even know what it means? questions questions questions...

bun-u

Trumpet Police
as said in some other thread risky roads is too long, but enough choice moments to make the purchase worthwhile - riko's interview is hilarious, (luka's right about) lethal b telling wiley some home truths, getting to see some videos for the first time - wong's orchestral boroughs vid has bare energy (song is ok), some of the freestyles are good (riko, kano, bashy) but did they really have to go through every member and younger of every crew, the roll deep bit is funny - yeah scum dave haha, discarda, breeze going 'these youngas are mad, have something in their blood'. It's made by them rhythm division staff and is not exactly professionally assembled, but decent anyway. practice hours doesn't work on my puter for some reason, so I can't make a comparison

stelfox

Beast of Burden
what about us guardian-writing people, then?!!!!?
btw, i have both. am listening to aim high 2 now, as i type, and haven't checked risky roads yet.

stelfox

Beast of Burden
better add that i always prefer the things *with music* as opposed to straight dvds because it's difficult to watch a dvd walking down the road - especially if you're trying to read a copy of the guardian at the same time. this, to me at least, is plain common sense.

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
Chelmsford you know. haha

Nah man, I bow down to your superior knowledge of the music. You obviously know more than me. Big up your status.

In my own uneducated opinion, Risky Roads had nigh on every interview involving beef, and the mix cd was dreadful. Maximum will tell you that about the mix as well, should you ever bump into him. The recording of it was a farce. Don't know why I would have a bias against a DVD that I was actually on, as opposed to one that I wasn't.

I told you to go out and buy Aim High 2 if you love music. Not Practise Hours. And for your information, I know Sparkie and Troy equally as well as each other.

But yeh, you are a moderator on a forum, so you are evidently more qualified to comment than I.

Respect.

Make sure you don't get my next sanctimonious Bonus Cd. There shall be far too much High Horse riding found therein.

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
(who unlike sama has been in the scene from the start and can actually mix)

lol Just saw that as well. You know them ones when you have to pull any old bullshit facts out of your backside to try and win an arguement on the internet. Nice one. I value your opinion on my mixing and shall take it into consideration. Maximum is a very good DJ in his own right, most definitely.

Maybe when the forum has some more competant staff running it who don't make assinine insults towards people who were invited to use it, then I might come back and partake of some info.

Any of the people who have pmed me asking for a CD, I'll be sure to check back when it is finished and post them out to you for free still.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
so what is logan sama actually talking about? could it be his mate made practice hours?

Problem with this way of thinking is that a lot of grime springs from such a small core of people- everyone seems to be everyone's mate (or else enemy). It doesn't invalidate the project itself, and trading accusations of who is/who isn't involved with who ends up with us all chasing our own tails. Practice Hours is good as it goes I reckon- Riko rhyming over a car stereo, that's undeniably cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.