Record Store Globetrotter

adruu

This Is It
Seems like a waste of time though. How hard is it really to find local record stores if your a tourist? Worst case scenario -- go to the area around a university, find a local weekly paper, look for ads, branch out from there.

mms

sometimes
adruu said:
Seems like a waste of time though. How hard is it really to find local record stores if your a tourist? Worst case scenario -- go to the area around a university, find a local weekly paper, look for ads, branch out from there.

hmm id say that was wrong but for the stuff he's after maybe

DigitalDjigit

Honky Tonk Woman
adruu said:

Not at all easy. I had no idea about some of the record stores in my city where I have lived for a while until a fellow record collector told me. Ok, I didn't search that hard but if it was as easy as you say then I would have bumped in to them before.

Herc

I think this is a great idea. Whenever I'm a tourist looking for good record stores, I have a really tough time. Usually I don't have a car so I have to rely on public transportation, and a limited amount of time so I can't spend too long hanging around a university looking for clues. This would have really helped when I was in Vancouver last, the best thing I found was an HMV :p