my favourite new reggae artist

luka

this is really me asking you to tell me his name based on very very few clues.

um, i think it sounds like i-way, maybe it is i-way, that would be impressive
he has a high pitch voice. i think they call it falsetto.
he sort of sings. a bit like sizzla sort of sang but with a purer voice.
the song is getting quite a lot of play and the rhythm track is as beautiful as the mans voice.
thats all the clues i got so far.

(someones going to tell me he's been around for years now and that tune is really old i know)

Backjob

I love the subject matter of that tune - like his girl's a prosti, and he wants to be her only man but she won't let him. "Bun dem seller an procurer of sex" or something. An the chorus makes an analogy between shagging and loaves of bread or something strange like that. Think it's latter half of 04, actually, so not all that old.

gdw

i think it´s been around for almost a year in JA but only really hit big in the summer. unusual lyrical complexity and a nuanced view of female sexuality, which are not all that common in new roots or jamaican music in general...it seems to present female desire (both sexual and material) as a kind of tragedy for the woman who always needs ´more wood for the fire´.

i only know of one other i wayne tune but heard he´s been picked up by someone already (vp?)...

heard seani b saying on the radio that ´even my mum loves this one´and it is definitely one of those reggae tunes that has a kind of universal appeal.