Herzog - Wild Blue Yonder

sufi

lala
http://www.wernerherzog.com/main/de/html/films/films_details/brief_survey.php?film_id=52
http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/14.07/herzog_pr.html

wildblue2.jpg

szenenbild_wildblueyonder_n.jpg

Wildblueyonder4.jpg

anyone seen this?
it sounds so :cool: :cool: :cool:
can we go see pleeasey pleeeeease/??

mms

sometimes
this was on the telly a while back - it's rather wonderful, a little lo-fi in style but good, poetic as ever.

Did you see his short film pilgrimage with music by john tavener? that is amazing - i went to this thing where composers or musicians did shorts with directors - tavener, the brothers quay, bloke from portishead and nick roeg were there etc,
borthers quay did a beautiful and moving film with stockhausen,about a woman who was locked up in an asylum and repeatedly wrote the words 'darling come' to her out of reach husband, - this had me in floods of tears and then this really moving documentary of i think it was mexican pilgrims with taveners music had me in floods again.

blunt

shot by both sides
I read the interview with Herzog in Wired last month, and promptly wet my pants. Has anyone been able to find a trailer for it?

Buick6

too punk to drunk
Just saw this in the same venue I saw Lou Reed and Brian Wilson perform - the lovely Baroque Regent Theatre. While not as great as either of those performances, 'Wild Blue Yonder' will probably make the typically film-illiterate Dissensan well read in Marxist politricks, Deleuzian theory and post-everything music cum his pants (notice there aint any wymym in these parts?)..Brad Dourif narrates to camera about being an alien from Andromeda and there is nearly and hour and a half of lurvely footage of NASA astronauts, eccentric scientists and Anatarctic underwarer footage, with a very droney, cello n' bass mystical eastern soundtrack - floating seems to be the jist of the whole thing, maybe Herzog is mediating on the arfterlife?

It's very psychadelic, so make sure you smoke some good Lebanese Gold you scored off ex-Israeli soldier drug-dealers at yr local -Global-trance-core rave!

sufi

lala
glad to hear that the Dissensus hive brain is up to date and straddling the globe so effortlessly, good to hear youre so vehemently ambivalent too as always dear buick :)
you're right of course - as a cine-illiterate he do turn me on, & if leb goldseal is accessible then rest assured we willl comply...

anyone know where the fillum is showing in yewkay?

John Doe

Buick6 said:
Just saw this in the same venue I saw Lou Reed and Brian Wilson perform - the lovely Baroque Regent Theatre. While not as great as either of those performances, 'Wild Blue Yonder' will probably make the typically film-illiterate Dissensan well read in Marxist politricks, Deleuzian theory and post-everything music cum his pants (notice there aint any wymym in these parts?)..Brad Dourif narrates to camera about being an alien from Andromeda and there is nearly and hour and a half of lurvely footage of NASA astronauts, eccentric scientists and Anatarctic underwarer footage, with a very droney, cello n' bass mystical eastern soundtrack - floating seems to be the jist of the whole thing, maybe Herzog is mediating on the arfterlife?

It's very psychadelic, so make sure you smoke some good Lebanese Gold you scored off ex-Israeli soldier drug-dealers at yr local -Global-trance-core rave!

Haven't you left yet?

sufi

lala
seems i'm not kewl enough to get membership of that site

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: KG application rejected
Date: Fri, August 4, 2006 2:14 pm
To: sufi

Your application for a user account on KG has been rejected.

Thank you for your interest.

any chance you would be so kind as to fwd a cd by snailmail pls dear buick there's a good chap? ;)