Al Qaeda's Environment policy

F

foret

fao hm gvt

thank you for your enquiry, unfortunately we must inform you that we have yet to substantiate a cogent environmental policy, and as a nonstate agent have no need to derogate from the kyoto protocol

all al q'aeda products and services nonetheless comply with soil association guidelines

a alzawahiri,
cia hq, langley va

Last edited:

sherief

Generic Human
If they really do purport such a retrograde social policy, we have to assume they're in favor of small-scale, organic farming...right? Less greenhouse emissions without women driving too, right?

swears

preppy-kei
Always seemed to me that enviromentalism was a atheist/agnostic kinda thing.
So I don't really think high it's on their list of concerns.

sufi

lala
the bush/binladen environmental programme:

irradiate the iranian oil wells and send petrodollars sky-high ...

Buick6

too punk to drunk
I think the sooner the Western world depends less on oil from that part of the world, the sooner there will be a more stable and environmentally friendly planet.

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
They seem to be taking a stand on air-travel, if you believe what you read in the news.

Does Al-Qaeda really mean 'The Database'? That's kind of cool, in a way.

sufi

lala
yeah that's the ICC & the ICC! (not the ICC, mind)

myself i like the somali ICC a lot, they seem to be genuinely popular movement compared to any of the alternatives and have an interesting approach to security and statehood ;) they have so far acquitted themselves very effectively militarily and diplomatically;
however i reserve the right to change this opinion if they start a war with Ethi, which would be disastrous for all concerned

this article is a balanced view of the local power relations (& is the only article i've read on the ICC that doen't mention either Terrorism or Taliban): http://www.pinr.com/report.php?ac=view_report&report_id=543&language_id=1
this one is a good history of the background of the courts movement: http://www.crisisgroup.org/home/index.cfm?id=4333&l=1

sufi

lala
oh yeah & the other ICC - the hague ICC - i've been in contact with them for a while about various things... they'll be doing darfur next, then hopefully they'll do condy

craner

Beast of Burden
Blimey. Are you sure?

Also, what are the Hague ICC going to do to Condy? What's she done?

I'm not quite with you, Ed.

sufi

lala
course youre not quite with me olly - i'd be worried if you were, dear!

condy, being bush's flunky, should definitely be concerned about the ICC Hague for any number of misdemeanours...surely? but that's another thread ...

craner

Beast of Burden
Which misdemeanours are the ICC looking at in particular? Will Candy be prosecuted in her capacity as National Security Advisor, Secretary of State, or 'Bush flunky'?

I'm all for the ICC prosecuting Americans, and the US refusal to recognise the Court is a disgrace, but this doesn't sound likely or serious. Putting Rice on trial would do nothing for the Court's credibility.

sufi

lala
Condy; like Kissinger in tights

• Illegal Invasion, Demolition, Looting and Destabilization of Iraq, Collusion in torture, deathsquads and internicine violence
  • Illegal Invasion of Afghanistan
  • Gauntanamo, still expanding and receiving new inmates
  • Collusion in Demolition of South Lebanon...
  • Fomenting strife in the Horn
  • ...whatever next?

sufi

lala
Maryam Mursal returns to Somalia at last...

Maryam Mursal, Somalia's best known singer, has returned to Mogadishu after 16 years of exile,
the triumphant homecoming performance featured a huge entourage of dancing women wearing light token hijabs in an encouraging sign of tolerance & return to normality...:) you heard it 1st on dissensus!