Strange free gig tonight in dalston

mms

sometimes
Paper Leg @ Top floor, Stamford Works (London, UK) Gillett Street
w/ Temperatures, Shimmy Rivers and and Canal, Hands on Heads, DJ Tendraw

might go if i can convince the good lady.

wonk_vitesse

radio eros
small world, i popped into this, The Temperatures rocked in that kinda art studio loft-room full of people kinda way, had to leave after that, the whole area seems to be completely rebuilt into a Dalston cultural centre :eek:

mms

sometimes
wonk_vitesse said:
small world, i popped into this, The Temperatures rocked in that kinda art studio loft-room full of people kinda way, had to leave after that, the whole area seems to be completely rebuilt into a Dalston cultural centre :eek:

yes it's being rebuilt around there as a kind of social space,you know those weird concrete spaces they have in towns undergoing being made boring.

temperatures were rather good, the fellow after was rather good, making nice musc and feedback using spoons and that, speakers and feedback, the next band were this kind of public schoolboys do a mix of neds atomic dustbin and a smattering of james white and the blacks, all played very badly to a bizarrely enthusiastic crowd,bloke from test icilcles and some obvious a and rs wandering around, god knows why my friends and i were laughing hysterically at em.funny place, very posh bunch really, got told off for sitting on the roof.

oh-oh

oh-oh
mms said:
kind of public schoolboys ... very posh bunch really, got told off for sitting on the roof.
yeah, class war!

the only unfriendly people i met were some antipodeans who attacked an unconcious guy with some fire extinguishers. very funny.

if you were laughing so hard then how come you wondered why people liked it? hysteria was largely the point.

we've been living in and using the space for years and it's sad the way they're desroying everything under the supposed Olympic parasol.

everyone who lived there was sitting on the roof so i dunno who told you off... maybe it was a joke.

mms

sometimes
oh-oh said:
yeah, class war!

the only unfriendly people i met were some antipodeans who attacked an unconcious guy with some fire extinguishers. very funny.

if you were laughing so hard then how come you wondered why people liked it? hysteria was largely the point.

we've been living in and using the space for years and it's sad the way they're desroying everything under the supposed Olympic parasol.

everyone who lived there was sitting on the roof so i dunno who told you off... maybe it was a joke.

this is quite an over the top and
defensive reply.
i wasn't suggesting class war, a ridiculous overeaction to an observation, it was quite a posh party - lots of quite posh people, girls in posh frocks etc.

i was laughing cos they were crap, fuck knows why people were into them, but that's how things are sometimes, they couldn't play together and sounded awful, the lead singer was dedicated to getting things hysterical but to me it all fell terribly short, which was where the laughter came in, anyway life isn't all about thinking everything is great. i did prefer the other things on the lineup though and really enjoyed the party thanks.

A girl who said she lived there told us off, it wasn't a joke her and her friends were getting well into it and tellin us that the roof was going to fall in, don't think it was a joke there was no laughing, apart from that i'd agree it was pretty friendly.

good party though, i'm looking forward to the next one there, nice one.

Last edited:

oh-oh

oh-oh
mms said:
this is quite an over the top and
defensive reply.
i wasn't suggesting class war, a ridiculous overeaction to an observation, it was quite a posh party - lots of quite posh people, girls in posh frocks etc.

i was laughing cos they were crap, fuck knows why people were into them, but that's how things are sometimes, they couldn't play together and sounded awful, the lead singer was dedicated to getting things hysterical but to me it all fell terribly short, which was where the laughter came in, anyway life isn't all about thinking everything is great. i did prefer the other things on the lineup though and really enjoyed the party thanks.

A girl who said she lived there told us off, it wasn't a joke her and her friends were getting well into it and tellin us that the roof was going to fall in, don't think it was a joke there was no laughing, apart from that i'd agree it was pretty friendly.

good party though, i'm looking forward to the next one there, nice one.

sorry, didnt mean it like that tho oddly no girls live here.

we did play VERY badly, largely because we were too drunk (it was a party) and tired to do it properly and a bit cause the keyboard wasnt switched on, i couldnt hear the bass or drums hardly over the guitar and the whole event created a frenetic air that went against getting things right. i was surprised how much people liked it too, maybe it's cause they could hear how it was supposed to be and found the mess that it was an interesting experiment. that's what i was thinking anyhow and kind of went with that.

Temperatures were really great though and i was sorry to miss paper leg

mms

sometimes
oh-oh said:
sorry, didnt mean it like that tho oddly no girls live here.

we did play VERY badly, largely because we were too drunk (it was a party) and tired to do it properly and a bit cause the keyboard wasnt switched on, i couldnt hear the bass or drums hardly over the guitar and the whole event created a frenetic air that went against getting things right. i was surprised how much people liked it too, maybe it's cause they could hear how it was supposed to be and found the mess that it was an interesting experiment. that's what i was thinking anyhow and kind of went with that.

Temperatures were really great though and i was sorry to miss paper leg

well twas hard to play in what is practically a front room i'll give you that, so are you the singer?

wonder who that girl was then, she seemed well worried.

oh-oh

oh-oh
mms said:
well twas hard to play in what is practically a front room i'll give you that, so are you the singer?

wonder who that girl was then, she seemed well worried.

yeah that was me. matt our sax player found your blog and seeing our first really bad review i got a bit excited and had to reply. i've never felt any need to before, its one of those conundrums where you only want to speak to those who dont want to speak to you.

seams like a good blog space tho, i think i'll keep using it

mms

sometimes
oh-oh said:
yeah that was me. matt our sax player found your blog and seeing our first really bad review i got a bit excited and had to reply. i've never felt any need to before, its one of those conundrums where you only want to speak to those who dont want to speak to you.

seams like a good blog space tho, i think i'll keep using it

i don't have a blog mang..