Kiss Picture Discs From Russia With Love!

Buick6

too punk to drunk
LILITH (RUSSIAN FEDERATION)

LR 113LP

KISS: Gene Simmons PIC. DISC (LR 113LP) 19.00
Russian picture disc LPs of the 4 solo "Kiss" LPs. Not to be confused w/ a Communist plot -- American's have known how to destroy themselves for well over 200 years. "In 1978, Kiss simultaneously released solo albums from all four members. Gene Simmons, most associated with Kiss's heavier side, is revealed to be a closet Beatles fan as evidenced by 'See You Tonite,' 'Always Near You,' 'Man of 1,000 Faces,' and 'Mr. Make Believe.' But the surprises don't stop there: choirs and string arrangements, '70s funk, and good time rock n' roll also appear alongside of heavy rockers like hit single 'Radioactive.' This eclectic mix of material is supported by guests like Aerosmith's Joe Perry, Cheap Trick's Rick Nielsen, Bob Seger, Donna Summer, and Janis Ian."

LR 114LP

KISS: Ace Frehley PIC. DISC (LR 114LP) 19.00
Russian picture disc LP. "Considered the best of the four solo albums that Kiss released simultaneously in 1978, Ace Frehley does not stray far from Kiss' trademark heavy sound. With future David Letterman band members drummer Anton Fig and bassist Will Lee backing him up, Frehley shows that he is more than a songwriting match for bandmates Simmons and Stanley. In fact, the album yielded a Top 20 hit in 'New York Groove'."

LR 115LP

KISS: Peter Criss PIC. DISC (LR 115LP) 19.00
Russian picture disc LP. "At the time, drummer Criss didn't receive the respect he deserved for this underrated LP. While he doesn't quite have the songwriting chops of Stanley, Simmons, or Frehley, Peter Criss does shine on 'I'm Gonna Love You' and 'You Matter To Me'."

LR 116LP

KISS: Paul Stanley PIC. DISC (LR 116LP) 19.00
Russian picture disc LP. "The most Kiss-like of the four simultaneously released 1978 Kiss solo albums, Paul Stanley showcases Stanley's considerable hard rock songwriting chops. Featuring sidemen like Vanilla Fudge/Rod Stewart drummer Carmine Appice, this is perhaps the most consistent of the four Kiss solo releases."

john eden

male pale and stale
Kiss-Set-Of-Four-Origi-334024.jpg

I always liked the idea of Kiss as a kid, I think because I was quite into Marvel comics and they kept cropping up in them. Never actually heard any of their music until that single without the makeup they did, which was awful.

Great marketing though - didn't they have their own comic, pinball machine, etc?

Buick6

too punk to drunk
I'm serious, if you ever went to any of the KISS concerts with the original band and didn't have fun, you were or are probably seriously fucked in the head.

They only had about 5 really good songs, maybe more. When they are bad they are TERRIBLE.

My fave KISS songs:

STRUTTER
BACK IN THE NEW YORK GROOVE (but thats Ace, he was my fave)
I WANT YOU
BLACK DIAMOND
IS THAT YOU
ROCK N' ROLL ALL NIGHT
SURE KNOW SOMETHING
LICK IT UP
GOD GAVE ROCK N ROLL TO YOU (because he did)

Yes KISS were the first rock n roll band I truly worshipped. I 'grew out' of them, but never did, coz hey, *some* of the songs hold up.

arcaNa

Snakes + Ladders
john eden said:
Great marketing though - didn't they have their own comic, pinball machine, etc?
gene simmons is probably in guinness book of records now, by the quantity of official licensed products he's happily blessed over the years-
Kiss' toilet rolls, bubble gum, underwear, action figures, clothes, sheets, cars, toys, books, condoms, booze- He's laughing the whole way to the bank... ;)

(rumours has it he's planning on "doing an Ozzy"- reality showcase of family life to rake in even more $$$...) :confused:

Octopus?

Buick6 said:
I'm serious, if you ever went to any of the KISS concerts with the original band and didn't have fun, you were or are probably seriously fucked in the head.

They only had about 5 really good songs, maybe more. When they are bad they are TERRIBLE.

My fave KISS songs:

STRUTTER
BACK IN THE NEW YORK GROOVE (but thats Ace, he was my fave)
I WANT YOU
BLACK DIAMOND
IS THAT YOU
ROCK N' ROLL ALL NIGHT
SURE KNOW SOMETHING
LICK IT UP
GOD GAVE ROCK N ROLL TO YOU (because he did)

Yes KISS were the first rock n roll band I truly worshipped. I 'grew out' of them, but never did, coz hey, *some* of the songs hold up.

I recall Frehley's "Back In The New York Groove" (those drums!) and "Snow Blind" being absolutely glorious as well. Prior to the whole 'face melting' thing.