Burial / Urban Tribe

Buick6

too punk to drunk
I was listening to the Burial rekkid last night walking home thru the city, looking at architecture of skyscrapers and thinking about rising oil prices, and all those deep bass kicks and fanfare horn sounds couldn't help remind me of some of that On-U sound early Gary Clail stuff, espesh when the Pommy lyrics and chants come in.

But I'm not sure how greased up yr rec/Cd collections are but Burial sound incredibly alot like that late 90s Detroit collective call URBAN TRIBE that featured MoodyMann and Carl Craig and some other bloke. They released an album on MoWax. They also did that submerged architectural dub/Blade Runner soundtrack type electronica abouit 8 yrs ago.

mms

sometimes
Buick6 said:
I was listening to the Burial rekkid last night walking home thru the city, looking at architecture of skyscrapers and thinking about rising oil prices, and all those deep bass kicks and fanfare horn sounds couldn't help remind me of some of that On-U sound early Gary Clail stuff, espesh when the Pommy lyrics and chants come in.

But I'm not sure how greased up yr rec/Cd collections are but Burial sound incredibly alot like that late 90s Detroit collective call URBAN TRIBE that featured MoodyMann and Carl Craig and some other bloke. They released an album on MoWax. They also did that submerged architectural dub/Blade Runner soundtrack type electronica abouit 8 yrs ago.

i don't really see any similarity , the urban tribe stuff is electronic hip hop really, different speed and attitude, not really much dub, but it's firmly bass fixated, it's a great record, BUT one that does sound like burial thought is his 12" covert action which came out on one of those tiny carl craig labels (which is amazing, a classic)

- urban tribe was mainly a guy called sherard ingram, he's done another record with rephlex which is pretty much what he djs under the name drexciyan dj stingray, hard strange fast electro based stuff.

Buick6

too punk to drunk
mms said:
i don't really see any similarity , the urban tribe stuff is electronic hip hop really, different speed and attitude, not really much dub, but it's firmly bass fixated, it's a great record, BUT one that does sound like burial thought is his 12" covert action which came out on one of those tiny carl craig labels (which is amazing, a classic)

- urban tribe was mainly a guy called sherard ingram, he's done another record with rephlex which is pretty much what he djs under the name drexciyan dj stingray, hard strange fast electro based stuff.

He's not Drexciya? I guess Burial has bits of that two-step rat-a-chucka-tat sorta groove and wowsing basslines, but most of it is slowish tech-dub-atmosphere, which reminded me plenny of Urban Tribe. Innaresting that the comparison was made on that other board.

mms

sometimes
Buick6 said:
He's not Drexciya? I guess Burial has bits of that two-step rat-a-chucka-tat sorta groove and wowsing basslines, but most of it is slowish tech-dub-atmosphere, which reminded me plenny of Urban Tribe. Innaresting that the comparison was made on that other board.

no he's not drexciya he's urban tribe but he is dj drexciyan stingray, he was like their associate dj.