Black Lodge

Leo

Shot in the dark here...looking for song titles of a very cool 7" single by Black Lodge. It has a brown cardboard sleeve wwith red vertical stripes along the sides, label has a line drawing of a goofy four-eyed face on one side and a large A and "ACU-REC*s" in the center of the flip, with "Edited at black lodge studios for acupuncture records 1999, acu1" around the label edge.

One side is a wacky Raymond Scott-like track (web search turned up "Elephants on Parade" as a possible title, sounds like it would fit the tune) and the other side is a mid-tempo funky number with lyrics "ding ding dong, ding di-di-ding ding dong."

Is this the same group that did "Horse with No Name"?

Any clues appreciated, thx.

Matt

I have a different Black Lodge 7" with, presumably, the same song on. It's from Dumbo isn't it? Their version is called Bloodybrass (or Blood \ Brass- it's hard to tell.)

The other side is called Gay Boy but that one doesn't really meet your description.

The record doesn't actually say it's by Black Lodge and there's no catalogue number - the sleeve is a butchered copy of Sheena Easton's The Lover In Me. I think each copy is unique.

Great record!

It is the same people who did Horse With No Name.

Stuert

Salford Sounds
Hi, first post for me..

Shot in the dark here...looking for song titles of a very cool 7" single by Black Lodge. It has a brown cardboard sleeve with red vertical stripes along the sides

This is the reissue of the first BL 7" single - the original had a black stickered sleeve and the same labels, with the colours inverted. There aren't any track titles.

I helped Dan Black Lodge put together the early edit singles, as well as remixes and other stuff.

I have a different Black Lodge 7" with, presumably, the same song on. It's from Dumbo isn't it? Their version is called Bloodybrass (or Blood \ Brass- it's hard to tell.)

Blood\Brass.. This was the third single, released after the 10", it has a different version of the Dumbo track.

Sort of accurate.. But "Crontab" is by some other Black Lodge. There are some things missing from this list, such as the 7" singles mentioned above, the unreleased (TP only) follow up to "Horse", a remix or two, and the "Archive Electronics" compilation CD featuring stuff like John Eaton, The Ran-Dells and Gil Trythall.