Fuck it, here's my begging letter....

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
To whom it may concern;

No catchy slogans or flashy logos. No bright lights, smoke or mirrors. No carefully chosen words from the desk of a PR company.

I am currently trying to begin a series of promotional mix CDs which will compile fresh new tracks and exclusive freestyles from the very best of the underground Grime music scene. Off the back of my Monday night show on Kiss radio, I have access to around 40-80 thousand listeners every week through the fm dial, Digital radio and online. I would dearly like to make this CD available free to as many people who want it, and as such I am looking to get sponsorship and advertising for this project.

Studio costs to record freestyles and drops, along with the manufacturing costs for several thousand units amount to a reasonable sum for a Deejay in an emerging scene like Grime. I am looking to work in conjunction with forward-thinking companies who are looking to get access to the 15-24 year old "urban" demographic to help showcase one of the most exciting new musical genres to emerge from Britain.

In a time when commercial urban music from the USA dominates the airwaves, it is increasingly difficult for young British musicians to find a platform to let the country hear their talents and their message. This is why I have taken it upon myself to compile and mix these CDs to really get the words and music of these artists into the cars and homes of as many people as I can.

In a scene which produced the likes of Wiley, Dizzee Rascal and Kano, that production line has never stopped running, yet investment from the music industry has. A new generation of equally talented artists have graduated through the same school of hard knocks that their forebears came through and are now making their first tentative steps into the world of the music business alone. While accountants rule over major labels with an iron fist, and the days of truely independant imprints seem to be over with thinly veiled subsidary labels of majors merely serving as marketing ploys for the next great hype, Grime music has continued to create truely inspired and exciting music without any opportunity for riches or fame. These people really do this for the love and respect of the music, and it is time this shit is heard.

If you want to join me in helping to bring real British talent back to the forefront, then these are the first few steps of the journey. And while it will not be a short one, I believe it will be ultimately fulfulling.

Grime music at present has generated huge interest internationally as well as across the UK, and while outlets are plentiful within Greater London, the internet has served to be the only place that inquiring minds and ears can consume many of these fantastic tracks. By also making these CDs online, I intend to be reaching in excess of 20,000 downloads in mp3 format. If you think your company could benefit from this and you are looking to be attached to this online effort, please let me know as all artwork will be included in viral online advertising also.

I am open to negotiation and discussion regarding rates and the nature of the advertising and sponsorship for these CDs. I am happy to make deals regarding ongoing involvement. All I am looking to do is get out a regular series of promotional CDs that make this great music available to the public at large. The form of advertising will be a collage of company logos with contact info considered "Official Partners In Grime" which will take up 2 pages of the interior CD inlay, at a rate of £50 per logo. Sponsorship of the CD will get your logo prominently placed on the front cover along with being mentioned in the intro of the CD for £200.

If you believe in Grime and want to nail your colours to its mast then feel free to contact me asap at info@logansama.com and I will get back to you personally.

If this doesn't interest you, but you think you may well know someone who would be, then please do me as little help as to forward this on to them or make them aware of the project.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Kind Regards,

Logan Sama
Adamantium Music

Last edited:

Specsa

Wild Horses
Massive respect, Logan. After meeting & interviewing you here in Finland I can really see that you're a man on a mission, and a righteous one in my view. As difficult as it is, it's this kind of relentless, selfless persistence and the will to truly work to push forward the things you love the most is what makes it all worthwhile no matter how difficult the surrounding climate is.

I really hope someone hears this and will see the latent potential in this music, and uses their resources to do push things forward.

**sire