Wasteman Gemm Dealers

Woebot

The say they have the record.

They try and backorder it when you've specified you're not interested in backorders, just stock.

They don't answer their emails.

"1 item has not been updated by...." A familiar email title.

Wastemen.

Woebot

...and while leaving bad feedback kicks ass on eBay, no-one seems to know how to do it on Gemm because the interface is *so appalling*

nomos

Administrator
I *may have had exactly the same problem last week, including the feedback part. I say 'may' because I'm not actually sure if it's on its way or not. :slanted:

I like your van.

micmack

My Little Pony
I really like it in principle, but I've had similar problems with backorders. Was told it was on backorder, but before I got a chance to cancel the order, and was already looking around for the tune elsewhere, the vinyl turns up 36 hours after initial order:slanted:

Having said that I've had about 10 orders through Gemm and no problems from the rest.

Feedback interface is shite!

Freakaholic

not just an addiction
Its happened to me twice on GEMM.

Once, with HEDONIZM records, trying to get Acid People. GEMM is still trying to get it on backorder. Their own store's website says they have the track, and they dont respond to emails. Poor business, and I will not try and order anything there again.

Second, with VINYLOCEAN. This time, I didnt email them, but proceeded to order another record on top of the one i wanted (Artwork - Red EP). Hoped ordering a 2nd would defray the costs of shipping. In the end, I paid $20 for a record I only kind of wanted, since they cancelled the order for the one they didnt have.

I am liking GEMM less and less.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"Its happened to me twice on GEMM"
It's happened to me twice as well...twice this week that is. One seller was Reddingtons which I think is a shop based in Birmingham which is shutting down and listing all of its stock at fairly cheap prices so I guess it's reasonable that things may be changing faster than they can update the website - can't get too annoyed about that.
The other was a European shop that claimed to have some Italian freakbeat seven I wanted, I got excited, ordered the disc and sat back waiting for it to arrive. Three days later I got an email to say that they didn't have it after all which I'll admit really pissed me off. I let off some steam by sending them an email simply saying "why did you say you had it then you gaylords?" but for some reason I haven't heard anything back.
It's happened loads to me over the years and in general I think that you have to be fairly philosophical about it as long as they refund the money ok. I can see that it's worse if it's something new and they say that they have it, you order the record and then they back-order it leaving you to wait while all of your friends are swanning around with their copies they picked up in the shop down the road.

Woebot

(sniffs)

good to share my tales of woe.

in the spirit of name and shame:

DMCRECORDS of Australia

IdleRich

IdleRich
Damn!

===============================================================================
=== GEMM ORDER NOTIFICATION ===================================================

This is just a notification message.
You don't need to do anything further at this time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The seller 'TOTAL RECALL' has placed a special order / backorder with
its distributor for one of the items you ordered.

GEMM has determined that this seller takes and successfully procures 76% of
items ordered.

Seller: TOTAL RECALL (TOTALREC / GMV5571)

IdleRich

IdleRich
I think I'm cursed

GEMM's order tracking system has received no further information from
the seller 'WONDERWALL MUSIC' about the status of one item that
you ordered 3 days ago.

GEMM sellers are responsible for procesing your order and keeping you
apprised of the status of your order.

If you have any questions regarding when the payment has been, or will
be processed, and when the items will be or have been shipped, please
contact this seller directly at WONDERWALLBOOKS@ROGERS.COM.

GEMM has not yet tracked enough orders to determine how quickly and
reliably this seller is able to procure and ship items.

This seller joined GEMM on 8/11/05.

You're encouraged to use the Customer Feedback System to see what
experiences other GEMM shoppers have had with 'WONDERWALL MUSIC'
and to leave your own rating and feedback for others to see. See:

nomos

Administrator
i'm getting very frustrated with some of the wastemen/wastewomen selling older bits of grime and garage on Discogs. what reason could anyone have for posting items for sale and then not bothering to respond to a buyer? the problem with Discogs is that, as a buyer, you can't cancel a sale, even if the transaction hasn't gone through. so it's just limbo with a non-responsive seller.

anyway, i guess i should have been suspicious when i saw 'creeper' for £1 :mad: