super 8

mms

sometimes
does anyone know where to get super 8 film stock pref with sound in london or the uk?
got a camera in brand new condition for a tenner, need some film, also where to get it processed if anyone knows that.

that would be great.:)

Woebot

theres a great shop called "the widescreen centre" on dorset street w1. they'll sort u out for everything.

http://www.widescreen-centre.co.uk/cine.php

i used to go there quite a lot. super 8 rules, though i got turned off cos my old projector started mangling my stock. also i got into hi-8 (the big buzz before DV arrived) and then went digital.

mms

sometimes
yes i used hi 8 alot just before digital came in, i like the quality of it, i'm kind of into the knackred look of vhs videos too but those things are a beast to carry around.
cheers for the tip, there is another place i found too in angel.

Jim Daze

Hi, I get my stock from Stanleys on Wardour St, it's not proccessed payed anymore so you can use the Widescreen centre for that, however Todd AO on Hawley Crescent in Camden have the uk's only 8mm proccessing lab, not sure what their rates are though but they should be ok considering they are owned by a massive corporation. Blue in Islington do this thing where you pay 18 quid for your reel and it's like the old deal with Kodak, just post it off etc.

If you or anyone out there wants very cheap telecine done please go to

www.movietransfer.co.uk the guy who runs it is very cool and may give you discount on large amounts , transfer to the format of your choice so you can get busy with your footage...