Newham Generals Interview

bruno

est malade
incidentally, their music works very well in the desert (ie. surrounded by sand), it enhances the hypnotic effect. last year i took copies of a rinse generals set and gave to people i met along the way, it was a complete success. which goes to show a urban landscape isn't mandatory (and you don't have to be british).

d double e is so thin it's unbelievable, someone feed this man!

gumdrops

ive noticed that DEE raps a bit differently now, his flow is tighter and he seems to stay on topic more. its probably dizzees influence.

still not totally sure how good theyre gonna be on an album compared to how they sound on rinse but i hold out hope.

gumdrops

theyre stuck in limbo arent they? seems to be what happens when the person in charge of your releases is an artist himself.

Last edited:

mos dan

fact music
theyre stuck in limbo arent they? seems to be what happens when the person in charge of your releases is an artist himself.

they just seem like a rave crew now innit? how long does it take to finish a mixtape, i mean really?

footsie was merking the rinse show on sunday, sans dee

gumdrops

exactly. youre not meant to give a shit about your mixtape. youre just meant to grab whatever beats are lying around, go in the studio, rap into the left headphone and then burn a thousand copies on your mates computer.

do they still big up the fact that their mixtape is about to drop on rinse week in week out?

used to be quite funny, next month its comin out, truss
dunno, havent heard them in a while on rinse