ze records "giant 45"

dominic

Beast of Burden
i have this on vinyl, but no track list, three or four songs on each side, including "spooks in space" and "contort yourself"

plus a rather silly introduction, that goes along the lines of "it's just a giant 45"

and much fanfare between songs

i imagine this was a promo selector released at the cusp of 79/80, as there's much chatter about entering the 80s

anybody else ever come across such as ze promo 45???

i ask b/c i'd love to have full-length versions of "spooks in space," b/c i think the version on this promo is abbreviated

polystyle

As best I remember (might have heard it once in passing) 'Spooks' was a good track !
Good luck on finding the full length v D

dominic

Beast of Burden
sorry, i didn't write this post very clearly, did so in a hurry and was tired

i know that "spooks in space" is by aural exciters, but i suspect that the version on this record is abbreviated, though i can't be 100% certain.

the record is a promo compilation of songs by several ze acts, but there's no writing on the record to indicate which release this was, and so far as i can tell from the internet ze never officially released such a promo compilation at the time (it's in an authentic ze records sleeve). there's like three or four songs on each side of the record, including songs by james chance ("contort yourself") and aural exciters ("spooks in space")

i merely wanted to know if anyone else has this promo or a similar promo released by ze