Anyone heard the new Basement Jaxx?

swears

preppy-kei
OOOHHHHH I'm all excited. Will check it out after work.
Got a feeling it's gonna be more of the same....which might not be so bad.

blunt

shot by both sides
Got a feeling it's gonna be more of the same....which might not be so bad.

Yeah, it's not exactly a new direction for them -it's the usual magpie melting pot affair. Stand out track for me was the one with the banjo -Take Me Back To My House, or sthg. Just the right side of contrived ;) But I must say, I did find the radio station metaphor pretty lazy.

You can't skip tracks, so you have to listen to the whole thing in order. Not necessarily a bad thing. Enjoy.

I see they're playing Wembley Arena at Xmas. I fucking hate that place, but I won't begrudge them the success that they've attained. If it had to be anyone, I'm glad it was them...

Guybrush

Dittohead
It's better than Kish Kash, but worse than Remedy and Rooty. Take Me Back to Your House is pretty good, but most people, including moi, seem to consider the Balkan folkfest Hey You the pinnacle of the album.

blunt

shot by both sides
It's better than Kish Kash, but worse than Remedy and Rooty.

Seen.

Take Me Back to Your House is pretty good, but most people, including moi, seem to consider the Balkan folkfest Hey You the pinnacle of the album.

Thanks for that. I stand corrected ;)

Incidentally, it appears that they've taken the full tracklisting off their MySpace page - must have been a pre-release promotional tactic. Sorry for getting people's hopes up.

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
I love the single, hope the album is good. BJ are one of my favourite artists but their LPs aint as good as their singles IMO.

michael

Bring out the vacuum
Had a listen to this on a listening post in HMV last night and it seemed pretty good, as per usual, but the radio station sting "Here's another one coming up from the Jaxx" type mallarky could get really tiring. I find it annoying enough if I listen to the Breezeblock or whatever, I don't really get why you'd want that in a recording.

Nice cover...