Labour party falls apart. tony apologises on their behalf

Rambler

Awanturnik
the most arrogant man in the UK.

Quite possibly, although he is still streets ahead a better politician than Gordon Brown, who after 10 years of thinking of this moment when he can topple Blair and claim the job he believes is rightfully his can only come up with limp-wristed crap like
Gordon Brown said:
I’ve always said to Tony, and I think this should be clear, that the decision is for him. I will support him in the decision he makes. And I will support him in doing that. So there is a fundamental issue here because some people want to say to Tony it’s our decision. I think, given the service he’s given to our party, given the quality of the man, given the fact that he’s been perhaps a successful prime minister but certainly the most successful Labour prime minister for all time, I think he should be given the discretion to make that decision.
Way to seize the initiative, Brownie!

Personally, I'm loving all this; British politics hasn't been this exciting in years.

Last edited:

gek-opel

entered apprentice
That's the thing which is so galling about Blair's apology: It wasn't on his own behalf... it was for the whole labour party as he perceives the British public view infighting as unseemly... Perhaps they do, but all the same I doubt most people are ever more excited about party politics than when a leader departs, the country is baying to see Blair go, and the smell of blood in the air is intoxicating indeed. Shame the replacement is "Golden" Brown.

Last edited:

swears

preppy-kei
"been perhaps a successful prime minister but certainly the most successful Labour prime minister for all time"

Haha. Faint praise indeed for both Tony and the party.