THE BOMB SQUAD - whatever happened?

Buick6

too punk to drunk
Whatever happened to the producers THE BOMB SQUAD that worked on all the great Public Enemy records and the Sister SoulJah and Temrinator X records? And a more pertinent record - who exactly were they?

For anyone that actually 'lived' during old-school hiphop, every new BOMB SQUAD mix would beat the one before and then by around '93 they weren't heard of anymore...

I still really enjoy their killer mixes, they still have a HEAVINESS and INTENSITY that totally works, and are still frenetic and funky as hell. And yet their contribution to hiphop, or moderns FLOOR musics has been completely over-looked.

Now there's something to get POLITCAL about!:cool:

Poisonous Dart

Lone Swordsman
Then...

Whatever happened to the producers THE BOMB SQUAD that worked on all the great Public Enemy records and the Sister SoulJah and Temrinator X records? And a more pertinent record - who exactly were they?

For anyone that actually 'lived' during old-school hiphop, every new BOMB SQUAD mix would beat the one before and then by around '93 they weren't heard of anymore...

I still really enjoy their killer mixes, they still have a HEAVINESS and INTENSITY that totally works, and are still frenetic and funky as hell. And yet their contribution to hiphop, or moderns FLOOR musics has been completely over-looked.

Now there's something to get POLITCAL about!:cool:

After the sampling, licenscing laws and clearance fees because too crazy, The Bomb Squad fell back and were reinvented into The Ministerz Of Funk f/Ali Dee and Cerwin "C-Dogg" Depper around 1991...after that The Bomb Squad were basically whored out by MCA Records and produced such forgettable projects Phil Knight's (Nike founder) son Chilly T's album "Get Off Mine" that received The Source's lowest rating ever. One.

Buick6

too punk to drunk
After the sampling, licenscing laws and clearance fees because too crazy, The Bomb Squad fell back and were reinvented into The Ministerz Of Funk f/Ali Dee and Cerwin "C-Dogg" Depper around 1991...after that The Bomb Squad were basically whored out by MCA Records and produced such forgettable projects Phil Knight's (Nike founder) son Chilly T's album "Get Off Mine" that received The Source's lowest rating ever. One.

Oh well I will remember them for their greatness, I mean how many people remember Tricky's last few records?

petergunn

plywood violin
Hank Shocklee showed up ta Pure Fire one week and was taking pictures of me. it was def. a "what the fuck is going on here" moment. i was beyond humbled. i've also seen him at Dub Wars and he's def. a dubstep fan. i saw him spin about a month back and he was playing sort of slick 2-step type stuff. he is a super cool dude. i don't know if he is making music, i didn't want to ask...

dubble-u-c

Dorkus Maximus
Hank Shocklee showed up ta Pure Fire one week and was taking pictures of me. it was def. a "what the fuck is going on here" moment. i was beyond humbled. i've also seen him at Dub Wars and he's def. a dubstep fan. i saw him spin about a month back and he was playing sort of slick 2-step type stuff. he is a super cool dude. i don't know if he is making music, i didn't want to ask...

I think he is a cosponsor of Dub Wars now?

I heard he was putting an album out soon as well.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
There was an interview with Shocklee in Scratch a coupla issues back where he's talking about how much he likes drum n bass, which kinda figures.