lord of the flies

bruno

est malade
i find i'm having to swat 10-15 of these little beasts every day. i have no idea where they're coming from, why they chose my home, etc. i have nothing against insects, btw, i just wish they would fuck off.

suggestions on how to kill/get rid of them would be welcome!

tryptych

waiting for a time
Hmm, a friend of mine recently related how there'd been an unusual number of flies in his flat a week ago... then this week he discovered maggots dropping from the light fitting in his living room. Something had died and was rotting between the floorboards... (wasn't the chap in the upstairs flat).

bruno

est malade
definitely a possibility as there are pigeons and fuck knows what else around here. i'll have to investigate.

sufi

lala
crane_fly.jpg

welcome to flying daddy longlegs weekend !!

gek-opel

entered apprentice
Yes, those cunts are everywhere- and there are maggots crawling on my bed. Mmmm. Winter can't come too soon [die you bastards, just die]

bassnation

the abyss
Yes, those cunts are everywhere- and there are maggots crawling on my bed. Mmmm. Winter can't come too soon [die you bastards, just die]

hey, daddies aren't really that bad - granted, they flail about aimlessly but compared to house flies, i can put up with them no problem.

maggots on the other hand, like the ones that poured out of a rubbish sack i was carrying the other day are a different story.

gek-opel

entered apprentice
Normally I don't mind the daddy longlegs, but this year there are just too many. I have grown bored with executing them now, and merely grab them by a wing and fling them from the nearest window....

Freakaholic

not just an addiction
Ok, this is all news to me.

Until now, "Daddy Long Legs" meant these:

Pholcus.jpg

or something like them.

Further info on the Brit version here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/5386164.stm

ok, i find this hilarious. maybe cuz im a yank.

Different names for the Crane Fly:
"daddy longlegs, mosquito eaters, lollygaggers, gallinippers, gollywhoppers, doizabizzlers, chicken flies, mosquito hawks, leather jackets, Jimmy Spinners, skeeter eaters and flipadoodles."

Last edited:

Lichen

Hell is:

Lying in a bed in the morning hungover, trying to get back to sleep, with a fly buzing about the room.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
The War Against Flies is gearing up for spring’s tide

case study one - was gifted a set of orchids from a colleague leaving for sunnier climbs but they arrived accompanied by tiny pinhead-sized cunts who took a few days to reveal their gifts

cleared the south facing kitchen window sill right by the kettle, coffee and sugar bowl and behold, it took a blowtorch at well timed blast intervals over numerous weeks to crisp them all without any plant damage

hotter summers = fly tape hanging from most lights and a few lamps, can’t wait