LDN 21st October: fast chat UK reggae events & book signing

john eden

male pale and stale
Organised by Dr William Henry aka Leslie Lyrics!

21st October: The Hidden Voice of the Black Experience in London

What happens when you get a group of 15-17 year olds to reserach a hidden history during the 70’s and 80’s? The answer may suprise you! join us at the Albany for a 45 minute documentary and exhibition based on their shared experiences.

This event will also feature a signing of the book Dr.William (Lez Lyrix) Henrys book ‘what the dj said: a critique from the street’

SATURDAY 21ST OCT 06 2pm-5.30pm

Entry FREE

To be held at the Deptford Albany, Douglas way, Deptford, London SE8 4AG

21st October: IF IT’S LYRICS YUH WANT, YUH BELLY AH GO FULL THE ORIGINAL LONDON STORY!!

Come and listen to the best line-up of pioneer british reggae mcs ever to perform together in one dancehall. Youve heard them on cassette now hear them live and direct for one night only as we bring you TIPPA IRIE - PAPA LEVI - TOP CAT - TENOR FLY - MIGHTY CHAMPION - LORNA G - SISTER AUDREY & PETER HUNNINGALE.

Saturday 21st Oct 2006 10pm-late Tickets 7.00 , 5.00 concs

To be held at the Deptford Albany, Douglas way, Deptford, London SE8 4AG

martin

----
So this is what Leslie Lyrics has been up to....

For 7 quid, sounds unbeatable. I'm cracking out the lurid argyle jumper for this one

john eden

male pale and stale
Me, but no idea about times places cos it's all a bit manic at the moment. Will call you or something. You going for the afternoon stuff, or just the evening?

martin

----
Just the evening, can't be bothered to get down with the kids. Yeah, give us a bell. Bunnyhausen's coming too.

john eden

male pale and stale
Just the evening, can't be bothered to get down with the kids. Yeah, give us a bell. Bunnyhausen's coming too.

Smart - can you ask him to bring a CD of his music for me? (Like you are my PA or something, LOL). Gathering stuff for the third volume of RSI Radio now.l

martin

----
Smart - can you ask him to bring a CD of his music for me? (Like you are my PA or something, LOL). Gathering stuff for the third volume of RSI Radio now.l

Bloody hell - what did your last slave die of? I find the PRIVATE MESSAGE function to be adequate in enabling direct contact with other posters. Anyway, Jim, if you're reading, John Eden wants to scab a free CD off you. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off down the pub, good evening!