Dirty Canvas - rolling thread promo

bun-u

Trumpet Police
Dirty Canvas - rolling thread (next night Roll Deep 23/03/07)

DIRTY CANVAS
monthly club / live music event
Saturday 14 October, 2006
9.00pm – 2am

Dirty Canvas presents:
The Movement (Scorcher, Ghetto, Wretch 32)
L Man (N Double A)
Logan Sama (Kiss FM)
Kode 9 (Hyperdub)
Magic & Cov D (Dirty Canvas)
Zezi (Super Super)

Following on from its successful ICA launch on Saturday 9th September, Dirty Canvas continues on Saturday 14 October, 2006 showcasing live performances from talented underground artists emerging from the grime and dubstep scenes.

Headlining this night will be The Movement, a grime supergroup making the biggest impression on grime 2006. The Movement is a collection of already established MCs and DJs from all parts of London. The crew includes Scorcher, emanating from North London and also part of the Cold Blooded crew and his Simply the Best mixtape relesased in the summer is one of the best from 2006. Taken from the mixtape “Chance Us” has been released recently on Logan Sama’s Adamantium Music Label. Another Movement member is Wretch 32 from the Combination Camp, whose Learn from my mixtape has been another huge release this year. Ghetto is perhaps the biggest veteran in the crew having starred as part of the legendary Nasty Crew, alongside the likes of Kano, D Double and Sharkey Major. His 2000 & Life mixtape is another acclaimed grime release this year. As Wretch 32 says “we’re pushing each one individually as solo artists and as a movement as well”. A combined Movement mixtape is coming in the autumn.

The Movement will be joined by L Man from Norwood and part of the big South London crew N Double A. L Man (the 'L' standing for lyrics) started out as a DJ and then switched to MC when joining the Gritty City crew. His mixtapes 'Facts of Life' Vol 1 and 2, and the hours he puts in at OnTop FM (Sundays 4-6pm) with DJ Frampsta have showcased his lyrical versatility, storytelling and use of wit.

Also on the line-up is DJ Logan Sama, who is widely considered to be the Westwood of grime with his Monday night Kiss FM (11pm-1am) programme being the scene’s prime time media slot. Logan, who will be DJing on the night, has been working hard on the scene having graduated from pirate radio (Rinse FM) and has now set up his own label Adamantium Music, to release the scene’s biggest tunes.

The dubstep scene’s Kode 9, who regularly DJs at FWD and DMZ and runs the Hyperdub label will also be DJing. Kode 9 has recently released the acclaimed Memories of the future dubstep alongside Spaceape and also put out Burial’s excellent album on his label earlier this year.

Dirty Canvas residents DJ Magic and Cov D will be spinning a selection of hype grime tunes while scene aficionado Zezi will DJ an eclectic urban mix from now and back in the day.

Other special guest mcs will be announced closer to the event date.

The third Dirty Canvas will take place on Saturday 18 November. Line-up tbc.

Last edited:

bun-u

Trumpet Police
DiCawhitesq.gif

Last edited:

Jezmi

Olli Oliver Steichelsmein
Are the november and december dates known? I´ll be in London round end november or begin december and it would be nice to make it coincide...

bun-u

Trumpet Police
18th November is the one after next, with Doctor confirmed (others tba)

I'll know the December date next week...

be good to see you make again Jez

bun-u

Trumpet Police
Let me bump this one up for this Saturday...Scorcher, Ghetto & Wretch 32 as the Movement, performing with Norwood's finest L.Man, dubstep's finest kode 9 and Kiss FM's finest Logan Sama.

bun-u

Trumpet Police
Next two nights

updatedDCflyer.jpg

On Saturday 18th November, Dirty Canvas presents:
D Double E (Newham Generals) + Frisco (Boy Better Know)
+ DJs Chewy (FWD), Stelfox (Heatwave), Magic (Soul 2 Streets), Bun U (Dirty Canvas)

‘One of the finest grime and dubstep showcases in the capital.’ The Guardian Guide (September 2006)

Headlining this night will be D Double E from Newham Generals, a grime legend, signed to Dizzee Rascal’s Dirtee Stank label. Rolling in from Newham, D Double has one of grime’s most unique and recognizable flows. Before forming the Newham Generals (a name derived from his shower lyric ‘mess with Newham Generals, get left in Newham General’) in 2003, D Double was part of grime's legendary NASTY Crew, once also home to Kano.

Also performing is Frisco, who, alongside Wiley, Skepta and JME, rolls with Boy Better Know. Frisco’s ‘Back 2 da Lab’ mixtape has been picking up big hype on the road.

RWDmag DJ Chewy will be play an upbeat set, while Heatwave regular Stelfox will be importing Houston and Hyphy sounds into the proceedings.

Dirty Canvas residents DJ Magic & Bun-U will be spinning a selection of hype grime tunes.

----

Then Ruff Sqwad are back on 2nd Dec (2 weeks later) with a very very special guest MC

Last edited:

bun-u

Trumpet Police
2nd December

flyerbackformyspacewithcost.jpg

Next Dirty Canvas is coming around quick - Saturday 2nd December and the line-up for the last one in 2006 is superdupa. Ruff Sqwad will be touching down and Jammer merkling it again...but we'll also be launching S.K.I.T.Z Beatz 'in the zone' album, with several of his album guests as well as SKITZ himself perfoming on the night.

SKITZ is a 17 year old producer from East London. The 'in the zone' album features Rolldeep, Gemma Fox, Akala, Bashy, Swiss, The Diplomats, The Movement, Slewdem, Faith SFX & Ruff Sqwad to name a small few. S.K.I.T.Z's 'Road Warfare EP' was his route into the scene, attaining him magazine interviews in Blues and Soul Magazine, ID Magazine and most conspicuously the distinguished 'About To Blow Section' in RWD Magazine. The Album is to be released independantly on December 18th 2006.

To celebrate the release, Dirty Canvas (on 2nd Dec) will be playing host to the official album launch party at the ICA. Confirmed acts are, DJ Logan Sama (Kiss 100), Jammer, Ruff Sqwad and Pa's from: Brazen (Rolldeep) - Always On The Roads, Prezident T Feat JME - Heard What I Said & Tempa T performing his infamous 'Battle Riddim Freestyle'. There are sure to be a few surprise performances so it is an essential night for lovers of UK music.The night is hosted by the UMA award winning MC Scandal of the Get Down Crew (www.myspace.com/mcscandal)

There will be lots to get through before the 1.30am close, so get down early to avoid missing any performances...

bun-u

Trumpet Police
Dirty Canvas presents Aftershock

aftershockleafletandposter.jpg

The Dirty Canvas is on 3rd February, at the ICA and will be a showcase for the Aftershock label, which is releasing it's 'Shock to the System' mixtape

Terror Danjah and co-label manager Flash will be bringing along the Aftershock camp - Bruza, Sadie, Gemma Fox, 2 Nice, D-E-Velopment, Triple Threat, Tha Lordz and The Hooligans - together with plenty of people they have been working with on the mixtape....Wiley, Sway, Shola Ama and Wretch 32.

The lable been going for over three years and in that time has released underground anthems such as N.A.S.T.Y's "Cock Back" (feat Crazy Titch & Riko), Crazy Titch "I Can C U", Bruza "Get Me", Big-E-D "Frontline", Sadie "So Sure" (feat Kano) and Shola Ama "With U".
Terrors production skills have cemented him firmly as one of grime's pre-eminent producers and underground hit-maker. This has also landed him commercial releases including contributions to Kano's "Home Sweet Home" album, Roll Deep's "In at the deep end" album and Sway's "This is my demo" album. He has also remixed tracks by the Prodigys, Shaznay Lewis (All Saints) and Klashnekoff. Terror also found time to DJ at BBC's 1xtra.

The new "Shock to the system" album showcases Terror's and the rest of the Aftershock label's busy work, which will place them at the heart of grime's re-emergence in 2007 alongside new albums by Dizzee, Wiley, Kano and Lethal B.

9.00pm – 2am
£7.50 (£6.50 cons)