How do we help Matt?

john eden

male pale and stale
Seems like he's now running Dissensus all on his tod.

I'm not entirely sure what help he needs, but I would guess at the very least that there should be some discussion of people stepping up and helping with the moderation and ting.

I.e. resolving disputes, locking threads, deleting spam/troll posts, and I guess ultimately banning abusive posters either temporarily or permanently. (What else DO you do behind the scenes, Matt?)

Thing is - does anyone have the time/inclination to do that? Bonus question - do those people have the respect of the rest of the "community". For example, someone who continually blows their top may not be a good moderator (i.e. me, Luka, etc ;) )

So I guess it's two questions:

Matt - what help do you need with Dissenssu?
Everyone else: are you up for it?

sufi

lala
myself i'll be happy to assist whichever way, of course, but i prolly fall into the loose volcano category w you & looka :D is there any other way that we can help which might not involve us getting mucky fingers on admin passwords?

Must say:
i'm really pleased to see that so far there has so little bad behaviour on here (especially after witnessing the rapid demise of dissss.org.uk)

So- well done us all, but most of all well done Matt!
icon14.gif

luka

i think everyones been mostly well behaved, myself excluded of course. it's quite impressive.

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
Is it onerous for Matt though?

I see he's putting a lot of effort into stimulating new threads... I guess this might be temporary though!

luka

thats a good point as it goes paul, i hadn't thought of that.
i think we need more people.