wu-tang's hidden gems

luka

think of some wu-tang things that got a bit forgotten about even though they're classics for me, like these ones

crash your crew-gza f/ol dirty bastard
wu wear-wu tang
cobra clutch-ghostface
mommy whats a gravedigga cali mix-gravediggaz
America Is Dying Slowly-wu tang
live from new york-raekwon
the table-raekwon f/masta killa
from then till now-killah priest
after the smoke is clear-ghostface
john blaze-nas, big pun, lox,raekown, fat joe
firewater-raekwon
sins of men-sinz of man
queens gambit-gza with muggs
see the joy-rza
wtc-cappadonna and ghostface
snakes-ol dirty
heaterz-wu tang
guerrila hood-theodore unit and ghostface
tribute to the fifth brother-9th prince and rza

mms

sometimes
rza's mix of supercat's 'scalp dem' - featuring a killer verse from method man is one of my fave wu tang bits.

Clubberlang

2nd that amazing Gravediggaz Cali remix and the fantastic anti-AIDS anthem "America" and the amazing Scalp Dem remix (although the Congo Natty version is maybe even better.)

Stuff I remember off the top of my head that isn't on any of the big albums (I have a whole bunch of folders of Wu-Tang unreleased stuff on a drive at home):

U-God w/ Method Man and a bunch of other folks "The Rumble"
La The Darkman w/ Ghostface "Element of Surprise"
Inspectah Deck "Semi-Automatic: Full Rap Metal Jacket"
RZA w/ Kool G Rap "Cakes"
Wu-Tang Clan w/ Suga Bang Bang "KB Ridin"
Supa Saian Crew w/ Ghostface & RZA "Saian"

adruu

This Is It
i've been looking for a decent copy of "get familiar" for ages if anyone has one...it's on a clinton sparks tape, and RZA's verse is the only one I reallyl feel but its a "wu-banger"

love "Cakes" with Kool G for sure (BZZ!) and I am surprised at how many of these I havent heard yet...

Ach!

Turd on the Run
Wu-Tang - Wu-Wear

Wu-Tang - AmericaIsDyingSlowly

Inspectah Deck - Semi-Automatic: Full Rap Metal Jacket

I forgot about these! So good. Thanks for the reminder.
Dunno if it's really a hidden gem but I love Ghostface & MF Doom - Operation Ironman; it's hella good.

Poisonous Dart

Lone Swordsman
Huh?

Only about THREE of all of the songs mentioned weren't part of either a major/indie label compilation or a formal major/indie label release. Of all of these songs mentioned ONLY Wu Tang Clan's "Sunshowers" (the A side of "Deadly Darts" a Japan only vinyl release), "Silent" was on one of J Love's "Hidden Darts" compilations. "Rumble" was on U God's "Golden Arms Redemption" album. Sunz Of Man's "Sinz Of Men" was on a Red Hook Records Red label 12". The rest of these songs are found easily on Wu Tang/Wu Tang affiliates albums and movie soundtracks as well as the Wu Chronicles 1 & 2 compilations. No mention of "What U In 4?", "Bust A Slug Remix", or any of the Wu Tang Clan's scrapped joint with Cilvaringz behind the board circa 2000. One.

Clubberlang

I characterize Wu-hidden gems as being any Wu song which isn't on the actual Wu-Tang group albums or any of the first five solo releases or a Ghostface album, because lets face it most people didn't buy Chronicles 1, Chronicles 2, Red Hot & Bothered or the Menace to South Central soundtrack to hear most of these tracks.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
I characterize Wu-hidden gems as being any Wu song which isn't on the actual Wu-Tang group albums or any of the first five solo releases or a Ghostface album, because lets face it most people didn't buy Chronicles 1, Chronicles 2, Red Hot & Bothered or the Menace to South Central soundtrack to hear most of these tracks.

Poisonous Dart might come across as a bit arch but he's not, he's just being helpful, and he's like a fucking laptop when it comes to hiphop. I've a suspicion he actually IS the RZA in an internet guise.

All of the Wu-Tang demo tapes.

And the Culvaringz thing you mentioned PD, is that 3rd Chamber? Or is it another one?

I've been listening to pretty much nothing but RZA type stuff for the past two weeks, RZA must need more noodles. I fuckin hope 'Cuban Linx 2' rocks.

Poisonous Dart

Lone Swordsman
It's one of them.....

Poisonous Dart might come across as a bit arch but he's not, he's just being helpful, and he's like a fucking laptop when it comes to hiphop. I've a suspicion he actually IS the RZA in an internet guise.

All of the Wu-Tang demo tapes.

And the Culvaringz thing you mentioned PD, is that 3rd Chamber? Or is it another one?

I've been listening to pretty much nothing but RZA type stuff for the past two weeks, RZA must need more noodles. I fuckin hope 'Cuban Linx 2' rocks.

There was another project they were working on at the same time...before Wu International lost it's American distribution deal and the Wu Tang Killa Beez 2 compilation was released on Koch...therefore, the only joint most casual American fans heard Cilvaringz spit on with the Wu was on "Woodchuck". Back then, he and Bronze Nazareth were the brand new Wu Elements that were blessing everyone with beats. I'm still pissed off that I can't find an independent mp3 of RZA's "Chamber Of Fear" that he did for LeBron James' Nike ad campaign. OB4CL2 will be an instant classic. One.

bruno

est malade
incidentally, is it possible the rza is sitting on a box full of golden era unreleased beats or has it all come to light in some form or other?