Dillinja / LSDiesel requests

martin

----
Doubt this'll result in many replies, but on the off-chance...

1) LSDiesel released a 12" in 1992 (very possibly '93 tho sure it was late '92). It was a squelchy acid number, slightly trancey but not full-blown, and riddled with samples of King Stitt's spoken word intro to 'Fire Corner' (ie- It's the order of the day from your boss DJ, etc). Does anyone have a clue what this track was called? And more to the point, if anyone has it, any chance I could please send you a CD-R for a copy?

2) In a similar vein, does anyone know if Dillinja ever released a 12" called "Riffin'", cos I'm absolutely positive this came out around August 1994. And similarly, if you have it, etc etc

Ta, Martin

martin

----
Thank you. Tate - yes, guess it must be, well spotted. John - just think, the fact it's spelt with a Z means I haven't been able to find any info about them whatsoever. It's a funny old world!

Woebot

Doubt this'll result in many replies, but on the off-chance...

1) LSDiesel released a 12" in 1992 (very possibly '93 tho sure it was late '92). It was a squelchy acid number, slightly trancey but not full-blown, and riddled with samples of King Stitt's spoken word intro to 'Fire Corner' (ie- It's the order of the day from your boss DJ, etc). Does anyone have a clue what this track was called? And more to the point, if anyone has it, any chance I could please send you a CD-R for a copy?

2) In a similar vein, does anyone know if Dillinja ever released a 12" called "Riffin'", cos I'm absolutely positive this came out around August 1994. And similarly, if you have it, etc etc

Ta, Martin

i have lots and lots of old dillinja 12"s. man what a wasted talent.

they're all listed here:

http://www.woebot.com/twanboc_html/jungle.html

if there's anything you want martin tell me and i'll try and dig it out. could take a while though.

john eden

male pale and stale
Turns out I have "poor mans glory" on this so can check it out for you.

It's not the tune you seek, young jedi. It's quite good though, but is completely overshadowed by Dee Patten's "Harder They Come"-sampling "Who is the Bad Man" on the same side. ANTHEM!

martin

----
Many thanks for all these, and an impressive list Matt. I reckon the Dillinja one must be 'South Side'. Not that either track is (probably) all that important historically, more of a personal nostalgia trip for me. Haven't kept up with Dillinja's career, has he turned utter rubbish now then?

mms

sometimes
Utter, utter, utter rubbish. Horrific, car-crash-like amounts of the worst rubbish you could possibly imagine. The total inverse of the the old Dillinja.

i have a fondness for his tracks, they are absolutley wonky thuggish, every single part of breathing space is filled up with noise, the bass middle and treble are just fuzzy as fuck, they are tinitus on wax. they are just so over the top macho they are funny now, but his music has always had a touch of cartoonishness to it i think, its just a weird extenson, he must be so worn down by it all he's now just a total animal about makig trax.

Last edited:

Don Rosco

Granted, a lot of his tunes from the last five years do have comedy value. I wouldn't ever want to listen to them though.