Albini, new Shellac, new Stooges

Gabba Flamenco Crossover

High Sierra Skullfuck
I've got a quicktime movie of a lecture that Albini gave at MIT last year - some of it is technical, but the main focus is on his recording/production ethos and how he came around to it, plus some of his rather bizarre contributions to the digital vs. analogue debate. He's a good speaker and much funnier than you'd think.

If people here havent seen it & would like to, I'll host it for you. Show of hands?

Smudge

I've got a quicktime movie of a lecture that Albini gave at MIT last year - some of it is technical, but the main focus is on his recording/production ethos and how he came around to it, plus some of his rather bizarre contributions to the digital vs. analogue debate. He's a good speaker and much funnier than you'd think.

If people here havent seen it & would like to, I'll host it for you. Show of hands?

Yes please sir!

S

simon silverdollar

i'm so excited about the new shellac album. there's no better band around at the moment.

i saw them live in berlin, on september 11th 2001. very odd, as you'd expect, but also strangely appropriate.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound

Me too! Me too!

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
I've never actually heard any shellac... the name always kinda put me off. Recommendations?

'The Rude Gesture', 'Uranus' and 'The Bird Is The Most Popular Finger' singles if you can get em, dunno about availability. Not being obscurist but I didn't like 'Action Park', and think everything else they've done since has been leaden too.
Still like to go for a pint with Albini though.