Attention NY-based old-school junglists and reggae fanatics: Wednesdays at Anatomy

dominic

Beast of Burden
DJs Josey and James have a new night at Anatomy, a small bar (with basement) on 5th Street b/w A &B. Josey, who sings reggae professionally, is best known for organizing and djing the reggae night at Lotus on the LES. James, aka "Jungle Jimmy," is from somewhere in England, and used to sometimes play records at the Lotus reggae night. Now he shares the bill with Josey at Anatomy on Wednesdays. James has a slew of 93-96 jungle records, the real-deal patois-drenched electronic voodoo music. He also plays hip hop, old and new. Josey plays exclusively dancehall/reggae and must surely have one of the better reggae collections in town. And both are excellent djs, know how to mix and keep the party jumping . . . . Josey is sure to pull in his reggae crowd, but James doesn't have a sizeable following as he doesn't really know the NYC jungle people . . . . But if you live in New York and like old-school jungle, it'd be worth your while to check James out . . . . Admission is free, drinks are cheap, and anything goes in the basement. They play Wednesdays from 10 pm to 4 am, and the jungle music kicks in round midnight.

Last edited:

egg

Dumpy's Rusty Nut
*sigh* cor I wish I lived in New York.

May I respectfully request:

'Bad Bwoy DJ' (DJ Hype)
'Feeling So Real' (Moby), and
the 'Chime' remix off Naughty Naughty vol 6?

Set it up DJ!! Running wild!