Cool Earth

Rambler

Awanturnik
This sounds like a really good idea, and comes with the benefit of side-stepping politics so it might actually get done:

The only effective option for controlling carbon emissions and halting climate change is by tackling tropical deforestation. Cool Earth is a unique organisation that works with the world’s biggest names in business and the world’s biggest eco-resources to arrest global warming. With cross-party support, unrivalled levels of corporate funding and the full co-operation from local communities, Cool Earth is addressing climate change on a global scale.​

I don’t know about you, but my TV is switched off standby, my phone charger unplugged, my lightbulbs switched to low energy, my loft insulated and my food (mostly) locally produced, so it comes as a hell of a relief to know that as the weather gets scarier and the news gets worse there is something more, and more effective we can do. There is much more about the Cool Earth idea here and here; please read the articles and consider lending your support (they just need names, not money at this stage) to the campaign. The only good thing about climate change is that it is still, just, in our hands. Let’s not lose that too.

Thanks.

http://www.coolearth.org/

Last edited:

polystyle

Obv, we got a hellofvan uphill battle looming , but gotta start somewhere , right ?
Right !

Keep cool
Diamond Dogs rule
O ... K