Bug & Flowdan - Jah War

Logos

Ghosts of my life
I guess the dubstep fans on here will have heard it but maybe some of the grime crew haven't?

If you hadn't heard this have a listen...flowdan on devestating form, some old bars but lethal ones. Best thing on the mary anne hobs LP if you ask me.

http://bleep.com/?bleep=ZIQ159

Last edited:

boomnoise

♫
it is sensational. more stuff from the bug and flowdan to come as well i believe. plus a loefah remix of this track. will be released by ninjatune.

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
Been listening a lot to Logan's Last Show on Rinse, and Flow Dan's War lyrics are definitely one of the best bits. "You know my name and you know me love war / if war then war I draw for the SLR" etc.

elgato

I just dont know
this track is outrageous

its one of those where the first time i heard it i couldnt even begin to process what i was hearing, just energy and excitement

its a completely unique track, and i love it. i really hope the two to a side press of warrior dubz does it justice

excited for the bug's future productions in this realm. i really really like his earlier raggacore type stuff, but am very excited by his work in a different sonic pallette. money honey is a ridiculously underated tune (not least by myself until quite recently)

Logos

Ghosts of my life
its a completely unique track, and i love it. i really hope the two to a side press of warrior dubz does it justice

It is quite loud pressing, one side would have been better, instead we get waste dnb tunes filling entire sides.

Its almost worth buying the cd then taking it down to transition to get pressed onto dub!

adruu

This Is It
love this song, and even the 10% potential that there is more to come. there have to be some ridiculous collabos coming out of all of those BASH nights...

elgato

I just dont know
It is quite loud pressing, one side would have been better, instead we get waste dnb tunes filling entire sides.

is that what spor is? i haven't heard it yet

Its almost worth buying the cd then taking it down to transition to get pressed onto dub!

it seriously is! i hate two to a side with big tunes. im hoping that if ninja tune are bringing out the loefah remix then they'll do the original on the flip, does anyone know the crack with this?

ive got a lot of respect for mary-anne hobbs and this is a sick compilation, but i wouldve preferred fewer tracks on the vinyl version, particularly fewer which already have vinyl release. but obviously its good for latercomers. and beat-jugglers! it does also mean that i can now drop the mix that mala does from haunted into anti-war dub, which sounds massive, and will allow me to pretend that im mala

is mud vip just mud with a little pokes vocal snippit? whats the new terror danjah saying? i really want top producer remix to come out, but i havent heard anything ever outside of a plastician mix i have

elgato

I just dont know
dunno man cha vocal is sick

and im guessing that versus is gonna be pretty deep, ive been saving the first listen for when i buy it though so am yet to confirm this

elgato

I just dont know
in terms of exclusives...

looking forward to distance, jme and very very much the andy stott...thats an awesome track. not overwhelmed by the terror danjah, and i love the intro to music box but the tune doesnt get me going. that spor track is awful.

cha vocal goes without saying, pure energy

gumdrops

the track is AMAZING. so is the track the bug did with warrior queen on the ep thats out on rephlex. cant wait for the ladybug album...

lazybones

f, d , d+f , p.
mm the burial tune is indeed brilliant, seems to be a bit more floor orientated perhaps? not thats a bad things by any means!

music box, cha vocal, distance tune , all sick. though i think that there have been much better grime tunes out this year than the jme one presented on it.... jah war though as many others have stated- sick! i really like the recent souljazz thing the bug did , the sort of brazillian type thing,was played out at the start of last bash,,,

allo there boomnoise!

gumdrops

i like a lot of what the bug does but do find jah war and the newer skeng interesting for the way the beat has a lot of constant movement (or at least seems like it does) unlike a lot of dubstep but at the same time, it seems to mean that groove or 'muscularity' to his beats isnt really there. its sort of like an idm-ish version of dubstep/grime.

Last edited: