JUNGLE - breaking news... Hey! Wait a minute...

Troy

31 Seconds
I searched for the old JUNGLE catch-all thread and I guess it expired? Weird. No interest in Jungle anymore. Oh well. But guess what...

That Dieselboy HUMAN RESOURCE mix cd (by Evol Intent) is seriously wicked!!!

tate

Brown Sugar
LOL... The title says a lot about the current state of jungle.

Pity, really.
The mainstream is awful, everyone knows that. But if someone really loves jungle, for musical reasons, for the particular things that can happen with sampled breaks and atmospherics at that bpm, then there is still good music coming out - in the leftfield. Macc, Fracture & Neptune, Breakage, Polska, Equinox, dgoHn, Dak, Sileni, Marstman, Dissident, ASC, Seba, Paradox, Trax, Senses, Martyn, oS, Mav, Naphta, for starters. It's a long list.

Don Rosco

The mainstream is awful, everyone knows that. But if someone really loves jungle, for musical reasons, for the particular things that can happen with sampled breaks and atmospherics at that bpm, then there is still good music coming out - in the leftfield. Macc, Fracture & Neptune, Breakage, Polska, Equinox, dgoHn, Dak, Sileni, Marstman, Dissident, ASC, Seba, Paradox, Trax, Senses, Martyn, oS, Mav, Naphta, for starters. It's a long list.

This is very true...

enneff

Andrew
True that. Those curious should check out this mix by Covert Operations supporter Besk One:

http://hightimes.gtown.de/2006/10/18/besk-one-colours-of-fall-fall-2006-mix/
http://www.atmospheric-dnb.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3155& (backup link)

tate

Brown Sugar
True that. Those curious should check out this mix by Covert Operations supporter Besk One:

http://hightimes.gtown.de/2006/10/18/besk-one-colours-of-fall-fall-2006-mix/
http://www.atmospheric-dnb.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3155& (backup link)
Hello Enneff, nice to see someone from Covert Ops. Thank you for the mix, by the way, that Seba & Alaska 12" is a nice one, white vinyl, both Back from Eternity and Perpetual on the flip are exquisite. How You Feel was also one of my favorites this year from Dev's album. Though my tastes lean more drumfunk than atmo/techmospherics I suppose, the Autumn tune was intriguing. Reminded me just a touch of some of the things I've heard from the Russian net label, Mastik.

enneff

Andrew
Hello Enneff, nice to see someone from Covert Ops. Thank you for the mix, by the way, that Seba & Alaska 12" is a nice one, white vinyl, both Back from Eternity and Perpetual on the flip are exquisite. How You Feel was also one of my favorites this year from Dev's album. Though my tastes lean more drumfunk than atmo/techmospherics I suppose, the Autumn tune was intriguing. Reminded me just a touch of some of the things I've heard from the Russian net label, Mastik.

Yeah, I prefer a lot of the more experimental and drumfunky stuff too. That mix was one I just happened to be listening to and that I knew was available enough for me to post here. :)

That Seba & Alaska plate is superb, yes! Seba and Paradox have been doing amazing stuff the last year or two. I recently got a copy of their mix CD 'Beats Me' from earlier in the year and it's great listening. Also worth checking out is D Bridge's "Love's ugly child" on soul:r, great tune, great 12".

ASC has done great things recently with Covert Operations and on other labels. The covops store is chock full of goodness. He also put out 'Tradewind' on Secret Operations which is one hell of an atmospheric roller.

With the amount of great dnb that's been coming out recently it makes me sad that I have so little money to spend on it! :(

DWD

With the amount of great dnb that's been coming out recently it makes me sad that I have so little money to spend on it! :(

I've been deliberately ignoring dnb for the last six-nine months but I had to pick up a couple of recent releases by Macc: "End of Me" and "The Way of a Small Thought" are both fantastic.

I was starting to worry that "End of Me" was never going to get a release ...