50 Cent, Sniper E, and.... Grime spam?

Freakaholic

not just an addiction
Just today I received this email:

Is 50 cent set to sign a UK Grime act to G-Unit Records?

The UK’s first member of G-UNIT

Rumor has it that the international rap super star 50 Cent is in talks with a UK management company to close a deal, which could propel the UK Underground Grime Scene into international orbit.

A representative from within the G-Unit camp is believed to be involved in talks this week regarding the underground Grime star Sniper E. It is claimed that he has court the eye of the hip hop bad boy after a Sniper E mix tape managed to make its way on to Fiddy’s Jet following his recent visit to the UK.

The source tells us that 50 was blown away by the fast tempo rapping and liked Sniper E’s style and is reported to have said;

“English accents are normally whack when it comes to rap, but this boy has got a different type of feel, he’s actually got good line’s and hook’s! Plus this n***a advertises more them me, saying ‘snipere.co.uk’ every 10 seconds - this n***a’s got hustle!”

The mix tape 50 is referring to is most likely Sniper E’s latest release ‘Target Practice’ which is 19 tracks deep and is the 8th mix tape to be released by the artists. The source tells us that Fiddy has been looking for a UK rapper since meeting So Solid’s Asher D who stared in Get Rich or Die Trying and is very excited about being involved in UK Grime Music.

If true, this represents a phenomenal chance for the Underground Grime Scene to gain global exposure and could make Sniper E the UK’s first international Grime star…I’ll keep you posted.

Further info visit www.snipere.co.uk or www.gunitworld.com

Email: leroy.newz@gmail.com

N.B Greenback Management (Sniper E’s management) refused to discuss or release any information concerning a possible deal between the MC and G Unit Records.

----------------------------------------

Does anybody know where this came from? Im not sure I know "leroy.newz@gmail.com"

Also, I'd like to point out what 50 is quoted as saying again:

“English accents are normally whack when it comes to rap, but this boy has got a different type of feel, he’s actually got good line’s and hook’s! Plus this n***a advertises more them me, saying ‘snipere.co.uk’ every 10 seconds - this n***a’s got hustle!”

Wouldnt that be considered a backhanded compliment?

Is anyone real excited about this merger? It definitely wont do much for the 'violence in grime' issue taking over the Grime thread....

boomnoise

♫
Yep i got this as well. Seems like it could be profile raising speculative PR with no real foundation. I have no idea about why i got this.

And yes the backhanded compliment for 50% is jokes.

C

captain easychord

come on man someone is circulating that shit as a joke, sniper E is actually regarded as the swaggest MC in the whole scene

elgato

I just dont know
if it is then its a VERY funny joke... "this n***a advertises more than me, saying ‘snipere.co.uk’ every 10 seconds - this n***a’s got hustle!”

lol what a rinse

S

simon silverdollar

somehow i've got on sniper-e's mailing list as well. i occasionally get links to mp3s, and they're so shit.

Poisonous Dart

Lone Swordsman
Weird

I'm also one of Sniper E's many MySpace friends (he requested ME) and his songs are....uh, beyond description. There is no bloody way in hell that Interscope would sign him. One.

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
I've never knowingly heard this dude but I love the idea of a Wesley Willis of Grime, although I realise he's probably nothing of the sort. :D

Less guns, more headbutting.