the best mobile phone ever

swears

preppy-kei
Yeah, I just have a basic £30 Nokia, black ands white screen, no camera.
The main thing I want is it to be small, and always have a signal, everything else is bullshit.

don_quixote

Trent End
haha yeah. i'm a bit of a stickler for no nonsense stuff over apple-sheen-gadgetry. i have that precise phone! (although my network is rather shamefully 'tesco mobile' ://)

there's part of me who always wants to get that thing which will last ages and ages. everyone must have had a conversation, usually with an older relative, where they moan about how theyve had such and such a washing machine/oven/fridge for thirty years + then it broke down + they dont make the part to fix it anymore, so they had to get a new one and it's broken already.

is fondness for machines common? i had a ghetto blaster that i got for my 10th birthday and it broke down last year, just none of the buttons work anymore, i was pretty sad about that.

anyway, from what ive read here there appears to be an anti-mp3 player stance amongst dissensians, but which one do people have?

ome

the best phone available today is the nokia 1110

treo traitor ;)

l_sci050114.jpg

http://web-japan.org/trends/science/sci050114.html

Apparantly its for old folk who want to get into the whole electric thing.
http://www.engadget.com/2005/05/19/vodafone-launching-a-cellphone-for-simple-folk/

I imagine an 'adult' stylish version of this idea in black, a minimal exotic number (no display) would lack the features to be marketable to the i'm so clever people, that need to upgrade. I bought a tooth brush the other day that dosen't wear down...

Last edited:
O

Omaar

I think I have the model that came out before that particular model and it's ace - biggest plus is that the batteries last forever. Oh and it has a flashlight. I think having a fancy phone would just draw attention to the fact that I text like a walrus with frostbite.

My mp3 player got nicked and I've been toying with the idea of replacing it but I've started reading books again on the tube and I'm already starting to feel smarter.

Lichen

Nokia 6210

As far as I'm concerned this is the best phone ever. Completely free of multi-media teen gubbins, consequently blessed with uncanny battery life: you can go on a week's holiday without a charger and be reasonably confident you'll have some juice in it when you get back.

Phones are to make and take calls. Do I win a prize for most tedious post ever?

O

Omaar

A friend put me on to this site and it's actually pretty handy; like skype, but if you don't have a headset, even better. After registering you can enter a phone number you want to call into the webpage, then your phone rings, and then the recipient's phone rings. If you're both signed up it's free, otherwise you pay a pretty miniscule amount.

jajah.co.uk or jajah.com

Guybrush

Dittohead
Sony Ericsson's now cancelled T600 is one of the best phones I've ever had. It was tiny and light as a feather (only 60 grammes) and lacked all the irritating bells and whistles that plague modern phones (but fortunately not my current T290). It was pretty ugly though...

sony_ericsson_t600.jpg

Here's the T290, a good choice if you're looking for a cheap and sturdy no-nonsense phone (no, I don't have any affiliations with Sony Ericsson:p ):

1-15.jpg