2003 sidewinder unknown

tomd

penis like a micromachine
From the origenal set entitled: Dizzee_Rascal_B2B_Wiley-Sidewinder_Club_Tours_2-CD-2003

Pretty much all the information I have on it. I just dont know what track this is.

Im pretty sure the DJ is Bionics however this tune is really annoying me does anyone recognise it? Any help much appreciated I know this isnt easy.

D/L snip: http://download.yousendit.com/27F48B69734D920E

hint

party record with a siren
It's either a Sticky production or someone biting him hard... same violin-style sound he uses on Triplets etc... might even be one of the Triplets tracks (he did several and I don't have them all).

hint

party record with a siren
Ah... found it...

It's Golly Gosh, or a version of it, which I do have :eek: It's the flip side to Pacman

Last edited:

viktorvaughn

I swear grime from 2002/3 is some of the grimiest shit ever!

I listened to a whole hour of dizzee over slimzee yesterday and it was unrelentless. No verses, no real hooks, just flows and flows, loads of his best lines and all from a 17 year old!! He only stumbled once or twice. At this time he was easily blowwing wiley out the water imo, though the tables are turned now.

petergunn

plywood violin
Ah... found it...

It's Golly Gosh, or a version of it, which I do have :eek: It's the flip side to Pacman

yes, indeed Golly Gosh...

the remix version has more chops in it...

roll deep encored with this when they played NYC...

Jezmi

Olli Oliver Steichelsmein
I swear grime from 2002/3 is some of the grimiest shit ever!

I listened to a whole hour of dizzee over slimzee yesterday and it was unrelentless. No verses, no real hooks, just flows and flows, loads of his best lines and all from a 17 year old!! He only stumbled once or twice. At this time he was easily blowwing wiley out the water imo, though the tables are turned now.

Which set is that, can´t remember hearing that particular set. Any chance of sharing the wealth?

gumdrops

grime from 2002/03 was really amazing, agreed. there was still a large influence of garage in the beats which gave it a totally relentless, funkier, more danceable energy to what its like now. the pay as you go double cd from 2002 with wiley and gods gift is still brilliant.

viktorvaughn

grime from 2002/03 was really amazing, agreed. there was still a large influence of garage in the beats which gave it a totally relentless, funkier, more danceable energy to what its like now. the pay as you go double cd from 2002 with wiley and gods gift is still brilliant.

Yeah its banging aint it! Funny how Wiley still has proper ravey bars, none of this pansy introspection he sometimes goes for nowadays! Including one of my all time faves-

'use my kung-fu fist to poke your iris'.

Should be more of Will on it tho, and less Gods Gift who i still like. I was listening to Street Beats 1 and B-Lives voice was doing my nut in. Far too faux-American for me.

elgato

I just dont know
I was listening to Street Beats 1 and B-Lives voice was doing my nut in. Far too faux-American for me.

agreed, he really spoils that mix for me, sick tunes but i really dont rate him on that at all. i really like god's gift on the other one though

instrumentally speaking, grime from this era is undoubtedly my favourite, there are obviously lots of bits from the period since which are sick, but most of my favourites are here, where it had just tipped over and broken away from what you could call 2step. so much variety, innovation and energy

viktorvaughn

agreed, he really spoils that mix for me, sick tunes but i really dont rate him on that at all. i really like god's gift on the other one though

instrumentally speaking, grime from this era is undoubtedly my favourite, there are obviously lots of bits from the period since which are sick, but most of my favourites are here, where it had just tipped over and broken away from what you could call 2step. so much variety, innovation and energy

Agree definately.

What is jokes is that he actually has a bar on there where he goes on about people cussing him for sounding American and i think 'No, mate - they were right!!' Gift somehow gets away with the faux-american thing much more so (admittedly he isnt as pronounced).

And yeah the half garage/half grime stuff of that period is awesome!

gumdrops

Yeah its banging aint it! Funny how Wiley still has proper ravey bars, none of this pansy introspection he sometimes goes for nowadays! Including one of my all time faves-

'use my kung-fu fist to poke your iris'.

Should be more of Will on it tho, and less Gods Gift who i still like. I was listening to Street Beats 1 and B-Lives voice was doing my nut in. Far too faux-American for me.

b-live still does that fake american voice today - you would have thought he would have adapted accordingly. its a shame GG doesnt seem to do many sets anymore - hes one of the all time best.

IMO wiley does all the namby pamby introspective lyrics because he thinks that what 'real artists' are meant to do: navel gaze. theres also been a lot of tearjerker rap/whinge-rap in US hip hop over the past 5-6 years though so maybe he got the idea from there.

viktorvaughn

b-live still does that fake american voice today - you would have thought he would have adapted accordingly. its a shame GG doesnt seem to do many sets anymore - hes one of the all time best.

IMO wiley does all the namby pamby introspective lyrics because he thinks that what 'real artists' are meant to do: navel gaze. theres also been a lot of tearjerker rap/whinge-rap in US hip hop over the past 5-6 years though so maybe he got the idea from there.

Yeah GG does seem a bit thin on the ground nowadays. On 2nd Phaze he has a track and its in this thick patois/JA-type accent, quite strange.

petergunn

plywood violin
theres also been a lot of tearjerker rap/whinge-rap in US hip hop over the past 5-6 years though so maybe he got the idea from there.

Eminem.jpg

gumdrops

hahaha.
at least with eminem though, he had something to moan about, and even if he didnt, he made it into compelling music. with wiley, its generally just 'i miss my baby she dont like me im sad and unhappy shes my lady i miss her she dont like me' type lyrics. it doesnt help that he just isnt that big of a star to really warrant that type of woe-is-me self-pity writing (sorry wiley).